GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adhesive Remover?

I'm looking for a brand of adhesive remover thats car paint safe (stupid dealer badges)

any help is appreciated, thanks!

Cactus

Ready to race!
You want 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. It will remove the wax but will not harm your paint (as always, try it on a hidden area first).

It also works great for tar, tree sap, etc.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
heat up the adheasive with a hair dryer and use a towel... be carful not to smear it all over but it should come off pretty easy

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
When I took my dealer badge off I had a clear adhesive residue left behind. But as always I first attempted to get it off with a plain old microfiber towel and some water....it worked just fine. Those damn microfiber clothes take off almost anything.:thumbsup:

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
Try eucalyptus oil from a pharmacy or drug store. It eats way the stick glue backing but is harmless to paintwork as it is an oil. Works like a charm.

Desert GTI MkV

Ready to race!
lol...I told the dealer I would *only* buy the car if he removed all his stupid badges and license plate frame. He didn't appear very happy, but I explained to him that for a nominal monthly fee, I would be happy to advertise for him...which led him to removing the decals without any further debate. I'd never seen so much 'car lot' advertising on the cars until I moved to Phoenix. I don't remember that being an issue in NorCal.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
WD-40 works great too!