GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Actually surprised by dealer . . .

Fociracr

Ready to race!
So my car was due for the 40k DSG serivce, brought it in and told them a couple of other things that were bothering me too. So they did the DSG flush, added launch control, updated my PCV i guess there was a recall did not know about it, tried fixing my speedo error but they did not know how to go about it so i told them to leave it. There was also a couple of creaks in my trunk so they took care of that, I was also kind of iffy about them doing the dsg flush so i had them bag up my use DSG filter and give me a sample of the used oil just so i can be reasured. All in all im real happy with it, it was a lil bit more than 300 bucks and the car is silky smooth shifting again and the launch control is killer.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
how's the fluid look? dirty?

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Used DSG oil is very clean when it comes out. The DSG's use one servicable filter similar to TP and one unservicable filter inside the unit.

EhsLax

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you do the whole 40k maintenance or just the dsg flush? O-o
cause the vw dealer by me wants like $800 for the 40k maintenance. -_-

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
So my car was due for the 40k DSG serivce, brought it in and told them a couple of other things that were bothering me too. So they did the DSG flush, added launch control, updated my PCV i guess there was a recall did not know about it, tried fixing my speedo error but they did not know how to go about it so i told them to leave it. There was also a couple of creaks in my trunk so they took care of that, I was also kind of iffy about them doing the dsg flush so i had them bag up my use DSG filter and give me a sample of the used oil just so i can be reasured. All in all im real happy with it, it was a lil bit more than 300 bucks and the car is silky smooth shifting again and the launch control is killer.

Dude, what dealer did you go to?

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Did you do the whole 40k maintenance or just the dsg flush? O-o
cause the vw dealer by me wants like $800 for the 40k maintenance. -_-

The full 40k maintenance involves a bunch of stupid check like fluid levels, pad wear etc which are all easy DIYs. You don't need your tires rotated, you don't need your sunroof lubricated, you don't need the air filter and cabin filter changed etc. They wanted to do my plugs at 40k as well, I do those myself so that saved me money.

Skip the service and just do the oil change and dsg flush. Anything else you feel like you need to do, buy the parts and DIY. All the info can be found on here and most of it is easy to do.

Fociracr

Ready to race!
Yea the Fluid was very dirty it was almost black, my car shifts ALOT smoother now. No i only did the DSG flush, I did the rest I mean how hard is it to replace spark plugs and filters all that was very easy, only reason I had them do the DSG is because I don't have a VAG. I went to Lou Bachrodt by cherry valley mall. I agree with what dredknut said, only I do my own oil changes as well, its way cheaper and the piece of mind that you know its done right, it happend to my family too many times that the oil changing place forgot to tighten things down then on the way home you get a check engine light because the oil started leaking out, so i just do it myself.