GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accessory nightmares at the appropriate time.

sturat_7

VAG collector
So my car knows it's timing belt time and is so excited to be spending money that it wants to increase the beating to my wallet. I have attached videos of the climatronic problems and starter issue. Keep in mind the car has a fresh battery and newly charged a/c, both done this past week. I haven't checked any of the resistances on any of the electronics yet.

The a/c
The a/c blow cold sometimes but not others. I was told by the mechanic that charged the a/c that the compressor appears weak(had some huge machine with a bunch of gauges hooked up). I have not tested the secondary fan but it is not running with larger fan. This kind of happened on my mkiv and new fan solved the issue. I'm thinking maybe compressor and fan possibly.

A/C videos
Here
Another
FANS:
Here

The starter
I am not sure how to diagnose this one. The starter is a little dirty(possibly the connections) and with a new battery I am not sure what is the issue. The alternator appears to be charging but it seems like the new battery doesnt have the punch it should.

Starter video
here

Also the power steering pump seems to go in and when first starting the car. The dealer also recommended a new vacuum pump as it leaks oil.

Any help would be appreciated. i.e. What and where to look on a Vagcom to further diagnose these issues. Thanks
I'm not new to vws just I figured since this forum has traffic and knowledgable people I might find an answer here

Last edited: