GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC stopped working in mk7.5

savannahhdeb

Hey! So I have a 2019 Rabbit Edition, not even 15k miles. I was sitting in my car eating lunch, and turned the AC on as I was gettin a little toasty, and it blew hot air. Full blast, max AC, recirculating, still hot air. It’s under warranty, I’m just more irritated than anything. It’s APR tuned and has full APR intake, I bought the thing brand new 5 months ago.

Attachments

• DE21B6DC-4AD3-4AEF-B0E6-24413DFECBD1.jpeg
    DE21B6DC-4AD3-4AEF-B0E6-24413DFECBD1.jpeg
    647.9 KB · Views: 114

savannahhdeb

I work at the VW in my city and one of the techs said may have a freon leak, because we were getting brand new Atlas’ off the truck with freon leaks. I’ll find out Friday morning I’m just mad and wondering if anyone else has had the issue ya know

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I had the AC blow hot air once. Pulled a freon switch malfunction code. Next day AC went back to working fine, haven't had an issue since.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Mine stopped working when an aftermarket intercooler wasn't installed properly and the hood latch screw punctured the condensor. So it's possible you could have a hole there, or as mentioned above a code has been thrown which has disabled AC altogether. Scanning will let you know more.

Nikodj01

I have a 2016 GTI and the AC had to be replaced.
It was blowing hot air. I think it happened around 60,000ish miles and was a pretty hefty bill but I have an extended warranty that covered it.

c_thur

I got my 2018 GTI SE in May-ish 2018. I didn't use the AC much, but it worked for that first summer, and I let it do it's auto thing when defrosting. Come the start of 2019 it only blew hot air. I took it in (had maybe 15k on it) and was told if it something was broken it would be covered under warranty, but if it just needed a charge it would be out of pocket. They inspected the components and did a leak test and said the system was completely intact...just absolutely dead empty. So empty in fact, they considered it a deficient factory fill and did cover the recharge under warranty. They also put in some UV dye, so if it's blowing warm again this spring, they'll at least have a lead.
Maybe sometime there is a bad fill. Maybe in cold temps leaks emerge. Shrug. Sucks to eat lunch in the new ride while you're melting in the seat though.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
and was told if it something was broken it would be covered under warranty, but if it just needed a charge it would be out of pocket.

Ridiculous. If it "needed a charge" after 1 year, it's defective, and therefore a warranty issue - pure and simple. It's a sealed system and nothing should be able to leak out, especially that fast. I'd find another dealer if it continues to give you trouble - that one would have lost my trust right there.