GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Abs + esp+tyre monitor light on the dash AGAIN !!!

markcaughey

Ready to race!

Last edited:

Duster117

Ready to race!
my 3 lights stay on all the time. cant get them to go out even when resetting the codes
but vag com says mine is the front passenger side speed sensor. which has been replaced
and that one of the tpms sensors are damaged
so far I've been without a paddle
I hope someone can help u out

Duster117

Ready to race!
OP is your gti a 09?

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Bump

bauer1701

bauer1701
Car(s)
VW Golf Mk V 1.6 FSI
Hi Mark - newbie member to this forum and looks like I'm having the same dreaded problem. I drive a VW Golf Mk V 1.6 FSI (56 plate). My ESP switch is constantly lit on/off and the skid warning light on the dash is constantly on. This is the same problem I had Oct/Nov last year. At the time VW called me, asked if I had these problems and told me to bring the car in for repair. They were aware it was a widespread problem with the ABS, so they provided and tested an ABS repair kit free of charge under their "Goodwill scheme". Problem solved...

..Until 3 weeks ago! The same ESP and skid warning lights returned. I am told under new rules this is an automatic MOT failure (mine is due on 30th of this month). I've been back to VW for a diagnostic check. They say that this is not related to the previous work done before (yeah right!) and there is a fault stored with the ESP Sensor Unit (code G419). Their suggestion was to replace the unit at £877!!

From my research there are several sensors in this unit but certainly not enough to warrant such a costly repair. An independent garage has already quoted me £500 for this work. I'm looking at more alternatives and have registered a complaint case with VW asking them for assistance to bring this down. I have always gone to VW for all my MOTs and servicing since buying my Golf. Just not getting great service and contemptible treatment from them.

Any suggestions or lessons learned from your side? Hope all's well with your car. Great cars but VWUK could learn a thing or two!

Cheers
bauer1701

Need some help here as the title says I'm getting the dredded abs, esp, tyre monitor lights up on the dash AGAIN. This happened to me about a year ago and the cause was a corroded wheel bearing (rear drivers side) abs sensor couldn't get a reading therefore throwing the code. When I first saw the warning light I thought it was the same issue but opposite side. But it seems different this time as before all the lights where on constant and couldn't be reset via the reverse method. But this time the way it goes is when I get in and start the car just abs light comes on and after a few seconds the other 2 come on and they do go out when I revers the car and apply the brakes but only stay off until I begin to drive.

I had this exact the same problem with a previous mk5 TDI I owned. However I had vag com at the time and I managed to disable the esp system wich put the light out.

I don't know anyone with vag com now and can't get a scan to find fault codes

Some people are saying it could be wheel abs sensors and have been told if it is the abs pump failure it would just be abs light on and no others. Also a few have said just pull the fuse for the abs pump !

What's ur opinions on the ?