GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Few Technical Questions About My New Used Turbo

Corgon

Ready to race!
So I just picked up a used K03 with 20k miles on it (what I've been told).

I have a few questions regarding the state of the turbo. First, I took off the housing to see the compressor and there are some knicks on the top of the fins. Is this fine? I can't imagine that it would effect the performance of the turbo but I'm not an expert. Here's a picture.

Second, the wastegate going into the turbo when the wastegate is disconnected from the turbo itself can move about 1 mm up and down in the housing. It doesn't seem to move when the wastegate is bolted down and under pressure. Again this doesn't seem to be an issue but I just want to make sure.

And third, the wastegate cover on the inside of the turbo kinda rattles around when it's not shut. It opens and closes fine but I want to make sure that the rattling isn't going to affect the seal that it makes.

Sorry for being vague! I hope that I'm making sense. Thanks!

initialGTI

Ready to race!
I dont like how the fins looked

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Wastegates are a pain to set on these, unless that turbo was used for 20k without a filter that looks terrible.

Have 50k on a K03 and the blades look normal.

Corgon

Ready to race!
Yeah the fins aren't perfect, but would they be okay to run? Or should I replace them? I've been trying to look for replacement turbines and wheels and stuff but I can only fine these replacement cartridges from PT Turbo. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hig...-53039880106-for-Seat-Exeo-2/32226370687.html

If anyone knows of a better way to get that fixed, please let me know!

Also it's not so much a loose wastegate, the wastegate opens and closes perfectly as it should, but there is play in the flapper, the thing that makes the seal. I'll have to make a video to explain it better.

Corgon

Ready to race!
Eh F**k it. I'm not going to waste my time on it then. If anyone needs some turbo parts check out my post on the classifieds lol