GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few from Easter Weekend *C&C Welcome*

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Took a few shots over the weekend. Looking for some constructive criticism to help me better my photography skills. I'm by no means a professional, but working on being a hobbyist. Last 3 are the same picture, edited a couple different ways for fun. More to come soon!

Rappy 350.jpg

Dirt Jump Jimmy.jpg

Dirt Jump Jimmy (CF).jpg

Dirt Jump Jimmy (Sepia).jpg

-jakrbt-

The first pic is nice and clear, the other is a little out of focus, did you do any post processing on the first one? Looks like it based on the trees/skyline.

All pics were adjusted using Camera RAW and then some minor processing using CS4. The action shots are a little fuzzy. Haven't quite figured out how to shoot them clearly just yet. Used "Sports" mode on the D5000 for those. Suggestions on how to shoot action shots better?

-jakrbt-

run at the lowest aperture you can is the best starting point, you want the lens to be fast. I'd recommend picking up a prime lens like the 35mm 1.8G for things like this.

But focal length on that lens is pretty limited, is it not? I shot that shot w/ my 18-55mm. I tried to shoot a couple like that in manual mode, and even in "S" mode, but I couldn't get very clear pictures due to motion blur. And with having to use such a fast shutter speed, I couldn't get enough light to illuminate the shot.

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Car(s)
2012 Kia Optima
That's why I said you have to open the aperture all the way up. The 35mm is limited to 35mm, they also make a 50mm and an 85mm but the cost goes up, the 35mm prime is about $200. You have to have a lens with a larger aperture to get enough light in for a faster shot. Also did you adjust the ISO?

-jakrbt-

That's why I said you have to open the aperture all the way up. The 35mm is limited to 35mm, they also make a 50mm and an 85mm but the cost goes up, the 35mm prime is about $200. You have to have a lens with a larger aperture to get enough light in for a faster shot. Also did you adjust the ISO?

Guessing there's a difference between the 50 mm f/1.8 & 1.8G? I didn't mess with ISO at all. It's been left at Lo, which is 100 for that body. Would it have been better to shoot in shutter priority mode, using a fast shutter speed and adjusting exposure to compensate for lack of light?

-jakrbt-

Up the ISO a bit when you are in bright sunshine like that, itll help. You can just shoot in manual, open the aperture all the way up and the set the speed accordingly.

I'm not sure if there are differences between those two lenses.

Just curious on the lense because I have the 50mm f/1.8 AF manual focus. Just wouldn't think to shoot action shots with it.

Loveisjustacamoflouge

Ready to race!
All pics were adjusted using Camera RAW and then some minor processing using CS4. The action shots are a little fuzzy. Haven't quite figured out how to shoot them clearly just yet. Used "Sports" mode on the D5000 for those. Suggestions on how to shoot action shots better?

Use the time value function and pan the subject. Depending of the speed of the subject its best to use 1/250 and go down from there when you feel more comfortable. Also use the continuous shooting mode as well starting out and have plenty of memory.

Loveisjustacamoflouge

Ready to race!
run at the lowest aperture you can is the best starting point, you want the lens to be fast. I'd recommend picking up a prime lens like the 35mm 1.8G for things like this.

This is partly true... you want a quick exposure, this does not just come from the lens. I have panned with a 100-400 f4. As long as you dial the camera in the the correct settings you are golden. Exposure compensation might also have to be used as well.