GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

a few cars i dont get the point of

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
right, here are some cars that are one step below heaven:

audi S4, audi S6, bmw 335i, bmw 550i, golf GT, porsche GT3.

can you see the pattern? basically these cars are budget versions of the flagship models.

for instance if you want an A4 with loads of power, why would you go for the S4 when you can have the RS4?

same with the GT3 vs GT3 RS.

they are nice cars. but if i was going for one of them, id spend the extra cash and get the top.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Cheaper cost for the most part. Often times the "lower" models are also more comfortable or road friendly. Out here.. an S4 is roughly 20 thousand dollars less than the RS4. That's almost a whole GTI cheaper. :biggrin: Same kind of thing can be said about a regular corvette vs a z06.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG

I'd take a 335i over the M3... It has the potential to be WAY faster for cheaper. Yeah you could turbo the new M3 but you could upgrade the accesories and motor on the 335 for less from what I've seen. SO hot..

Otherwise yeah, I would get the S4 unless I had money to blow.. Thats the same as saying why buy an A4 when you could buy an S4.. $20,000 difference is why.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i'll take a RS4 thanks :drool:

vantage

Ready to race!
price price price...

An S4 is... what? like $75k? An RS4 is almost $90k
A GT3 is around $145k, a GT3 RS is about $170k
A 550i is... $82k, an M5 is $115k

Some ppl probably don't think it's worth the extra $ for the extra ponies.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
S4: Audi's attempt to keep up with BMW's M3...RS4 is the new E92's competition.

S6: Don't know what you mean by this one...Audi has an S for every chassis..

335i: top of the line non-M model...E46 330, E36 328.

550i: cheaper than the M5 with less power. You can choose between a fast luxury sedan or a blazingly fast rocket ship sedan. Some people don't want 507HP with a 7-speed SMG (the option before the 6 speed came out...which sucks)

GT3 vs. GT3 RS: some want to have stickers and be flashy, some don't. :iono:

That's my view. It's all about people's money and their needs.

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
If I am not mistaken, all the cars named were the original upscale version for their platform, and since then more powerful versions were added, like the RS4 and RS6 came after the S4 and S6.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
All of those have their niche or place in the market. Make me Bill Gates and give me a Porsche GT3... which a friend will have in Sept.

tricky713

Ready to race!
sayins that the s series is usless is saynig that the gti is useless. theres the rabbit, gti, r32. all based on the same platforms. A rabbit is an under powerd gti but y buy the gti when u can buy the r32. thats practically what ur saying. some people feel that they can handle more then the a4 so they want an s4 because they cant handle a rs4. its a matter of taste.

Mr_B

Ready to race!
Its mainly market appeal really. Rabbit / Golf appeals to lower / middle class people. GTI appeals to middle / upper class people (here in AUS anyway) and R32 is for the upper class. Same can be said about the A4, S4, and RS4 as well as the 3 series, the 335Ci and the M3. Comes down to your price range and what appeals to you. But class doesn't = taste. GT3 RS is onle ugly car with its orange and black contrasting colours for instance.

Realistically its what a salesperson can sell at the end of the day.