GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C compressor difference question

HOP929

VEE DUBSTEP'N
Car(s)
07 GTI FSI
i have an 07 FSI and i got a used compressor from an 06.5, figured they would be the same but they arent. whats the difference between the two? there wasnt any images of it just the description, so that was my first noob mistake.

the one on the left came on the car, and the right one is the one i received. will this interchange work?

Attachments

• 1K0820859F.jpg
    1K0820859F.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 869
  • $(KGrHqR,!lwE2FvOfku-BNim5KNyTQ~~0_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqR,!lwE2FvOfku-BNim5KNyTQ~~0_12.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 373

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
umm... they look the same structurally. I know when I rebuilt my MR2 compressor the various model denso's all had slightly different castings. The actual compressor is usually a generic oem brand and the fitting plates are designed by the manufacturer. In this case if the pulley is the same size and same # of grooves then that should also work. Clutch mechanism usually all work the same.

You should be able to swap the plates over onto the compressor.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
The one you got from the 06 is really the newest and latest version. So it should be better than what you have.

If your compressor failed because the desiccant bag broke open, you need MANY more repairs than just a compressor. If just that valve failed, N275 i believe, then just swap over that valve.

HOP929

VEE DUBSTEP'N
Car(s)
07 GTI FSI
the compressor pulley took a hit when the car was in an accident. i called around and no one said you could really get just a clutch and pulley for it, and i dont know if the shaft is bent either. Really in the summer i dont use the A/C all that often just when its insanely hot. 99% of the time its just windows down.