GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

8th Gen Si guys discuss the GTI

jstrau8

Ready to race!
I still lurk over there a bit, some of those Full-Race and SRT (swift racing) BT cars are SICK

gotta love the sound of an EWG, wish we had them on the GTI!

You're telling me, I love EWG's, craziest (read best)sounding car is my friends 700hp Cosworth-built STi with a 44mm Tial ewg, im so jealous of that sound.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
I can`t believe I just read that whole thread.

jstrau8

Ready to race!
Hmm, wonder if we could get something like the Evo guys have..... just a thought

How would we go about getting somebody to put the R&D in to make something like that? There is definitely the market for it, at least I think there is. I wouldn't even know where to start with this

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I can`t believe I just read that whole thread.

I read the whole thing around midnight last night, was really sleepy at work after lunch. I blamed the takeout guy, too much msg.

Edit: well, I read upto page 10 which is where it was at last night. It's still going on! Wonder if they know they're being stalked?

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Wow suprisingly mature and well read. They arent making ridiculous conclusions like we sometimes do.
This is all very nice to see and gives them more respect in my eyes.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
They complain that it isn't fair bc we have a turbo from the factory. I meant to address that yesterday but never got around to it. Pretty much my only gripe about That thread. Otherwise it seems the 8th has matured. Alot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Mature? I read a bunch of BS in there...

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Mature? I read a bunch of BS in there...

That thread is easily 10x more mature than when I was an active member. When I had my fa5, that entire forum thought the civic was THE car to have. Nothing could beat a bolt on k20. NOTHING. They now are ready to admit a stock for stock, even stock gti vs bolt on civic race would result in a gti win.

Honestly revving to 9k was fun. But I had to constantly run that hard if I wanted to scoot. Getting on the freeway, I was constantly in V-Tec. The si would and does make a great track car, but only with a lot of work and tuning, which makes it unreal for street use. Gti is pleasant to drive in stock form, and appears to be a solid runner on the track without compromising too much to make it impractical.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FinalOne

Ready to race!
i lol'ed at these post:
^ That's confusing when they switch colors between the two graphs. But good find.

and the answer:
Who cares about the colors? Look what each color represents and go from there.

these guys cannot even read graphs lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
When I drove the stock K20 and the GTI back to back... I couldn't believe the difference. It's like driving a completely different car. The K20 was dead below 5k as you said... pre V-tech. And honestly it felt exactly like a normal civic unless you flogged it. The GTI on the other hand felt quick and light the entire time even though its a full 200-300lbs heavier.

When you figure in reliability though... its another ball game. With the civic you just add gas and go till you hit 105k then you get a timing belt and repeat.