GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6.5" mounting depth?

does anyone know the max mounting depth of the 6.5in sub space in the doors of a 2dr GTI im looking at some JL's with a top mount depth of 4 3/16"?

Trinite7787

Ready to race!
does anyone know the max mounting depth of the 6.5in sub space in the doors of a 2dr GTI im looking at some JL's with a top mount depth of 4 3/16"?

What are you trying to put in that door 8w3's??? It is deep but 4 Inch plus is pushing it I guss take a tape measure and measure the side of the door I think you will be ok at that depth but don't know for sure what are u looking at that is so deep I have the zr's and they are no where near 4 inch

ya i was actually thinkin of the 6w3's i listen to my music very equally balanced so i dont need a 10 or 12 in the back, i just wanted something to back up my mids at high volume

Trinite7787

Ready to race!
well fist of all you can do an 8 in the door and second you may want to look at the ZR's they sell a pair of ZR's that are like little subs, what speakers are you running??

Really you can run 8's?! I will def look at the ZR's. I'm still runnin the stock componets I had alpine type R's in my previous car and I was very pleased so I was thinking of goin with their components next while running a pair of subs in the doors. And eventually running all 4 speakers of a 4 channel amp and a seperate 2 channel for the subs. The whole system is stock right now tho.