GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

#4284/5000

07TurboGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I traded in the 07 GTi on wednesday and picked up my used R32 with 15,500 miles on it. Overall I think I really like it, the interior is much nicer than the 07and the exhaust is the best part about the whole situation as everyone knows. Plus the best part is this one is $100 less a month then the old car. GTI had a downpipe, GIAC software, and springs..I would say the R32 is about as quick as the GTI but the R just crushes it in the handeling dept by so much that it dosent really matter to me how fast it is. I know I may eventually miss the manual, only time will tell..I keep accidentally shifting this car into neutral on the highway. Anyway very happy to be an R owner!
Anyway, here are a few pics I took with my phone sorry for the poor quality.
This one is at the dealership

These next two are after some detailing work

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
nice

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Nice! Welcome with the new ride; hope to see you around Arlington sometime (I work in Rosslyn)

07TurboGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
awesome, nice to know there are a few other R's in the area!

vwinva, I'm sure that was me I live in Shirlington and work in Ballston. I was on my way home from work Sunday evening. We should def meet up sometime and grab a beer!

I ordered the roof rack, votex scuff plate, and the R36 dead pedal last week from ECS so that should be here today and I'll have some updated pics. Thanks for the kind words!

vwinva

Ready to race!
awesome, nice to know there are a few other R's in the area!

vwinva, I'm sure that was me I live in Shirlington and work in Ballston. I was on my way home from work Sunday evening. We should def meet up sometime and grab a beer!

I ordered the roof rack, votex scuff plate, and the R36 dead pedal last week from ECS so that should be here today and I'll have some updated pics. Thanks for the kind words!

I live about 5 walking minutes from shirlington. I can't believe there is another R so close. If you need vagcom for anything I've got it.

We should do a R gtg, I'm sure there are more then just the 3 of us in the general area.

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
|1DEMON1| from vortex (I think he is on here as well) is in Alexandria; likely a few others around too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
seems like there is a ton of Rs in the nova/dc/md suburb area...

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Started a new thread to gather the .:Rs and discuss it: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2619696#post2619696

Put your name down if interested :thumbsup:

I also posted it in MKIV and MKV Vortex forums; as well as the Regionals. We'll see what kind of interest we get (if nothing else; the 4-6 of us can meet up for a beer! :biggrin:)

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
how much was it?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
nice man I'm in for sure! It's been great to be part of a small community so far.

The car was roughly $25k with 15k miles.

nice, thats really good. last year when i was checking out an r32. they wanted $25k for one that had 30k miles on it

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
You got almost the exact same deal as me 1 year ago :thumbsup:

Got mine with 16k on it for $25,000 OTD