GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Still so impressive how far down in speed they are in some corners and complexes. T5 & T11-T13 are staggeringly slower. I'm glad Merc puts these out, they're so interesting to compare.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
I feel like by next year or the year after, they are going to be quicker than the 2021 cars depending on the slight rule changes. There's probably something in development that is in a loop hole for one or two of the teams that may get squashed.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Last year of a mature set of regulations vs. the first year of something very different to the past formulas. I agree, it wont be long before they are matching or beating the prior regulation cars though. They're still closer than I thought they'd be.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Anyone watch the sprint? I hope that the action we would've seen on Sunday didn't just all happen during the sprint.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Anyone watch the sprint? I hope that the action we would've seen on Sunday didn't just all happen during the sprint.

~~As of lap 42, this is proving to be 100% the correct take. Boring as hell, cannot believe it took that long to turn on DRS. This is a difficult overtaking track otherwise.~~

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Watching Ham get humiliated race after race is getting really old.

😐
Getting close to season over. It's simply amazing how MB-AMG can't figure it out.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Was anyone else’s audio delayed today by about two laps? Everything they commented on as I was watching already happened two laps ago. It was very annoying.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Was anyone else’s audio delayed today by about two laps? Everything they commented on as I was watching already happened two laps ago. It was very annoying.
I did not have that issue. ESPN on Xfinity.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

I didn't have that issue either on F1TV.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Some more race thoughts.

~~Unfortunate what happened to Leclerc, but it was fun to see him carve back up the field to mitigate damage. Bottas's Russell hunt was also pretty fun.~~

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Honestly the race was a good middle of the pack race. There was action up and down the midfield which is what you want. I really don't like the crowd shots right after an overtake. The TV director needs to be fired. Nobody really cares about that when there is an insane battle happening.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Honestly the race was a good middle of the pack race. There was action up and down the midfield which is what you want. I really don't like the crowd shots right after an overtake. The TV director needs to be fired. Nobody really cares about that when there is an insane battle happening.

Ugh right, like when the director was showing us Lando, with like 5-10 sec of fresh air in front and behind him, while Bottas was fighting Russell and Albon was fighting Ocon.