GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Hard to say since it seems as if Vettel himself was the one to claim that he thought he needed to stop again for new tires, and they decided to pit under VSC.
His 5.5 second stop did not help anything though.
And I'm no Ferrari engineer but perhaps they just did not have the optimal set-up this weekend, which caused the supposed premature tire-wear.
I know they were caught off guard by a last minute change from Perelli which may or may not have anything to do with it.
All I know is that Vettel and Ferrari say that car car was going through tires quicker than they expected, so I guess that did not leave them much of a choice.
But like I said the real blunder was the slow stop.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hard to say since it seems as if Vettel himself was the one to claim that he thought he needed to stop again for new tires, and they decided to pit under VSC.
His 5.5 second stop did not help anything though.
And I'm no Ferrari engineer but perhaps they just did not have the optimal set-up this weekend, which caused the supposed premature tire-wear.
I know they were caught off guard by a last minute change from Perelli which may or may not have anything to do with it.
All I know is that Vettel and Ferrari say that car car was going through tires quicker than they expected, so I guess that did not leave them much of a choice.
But like I said the real blunder was the slow stop.

Those halo Mickey Mouse ears screwed up their setup!!!

Usually, they run their tires until a driver says they’re degrading. I just found it odd that there was no input from Seb or his engineer asking Seb how his tires were. I guess the double blowouts at Silverstone last year were still fresh so a precaution.

I was never a fan of when the Pirelli compounds degraded so fast when they first became the supplier. It was a very stupid request from Bernie, honestly. Vettel drove the heck out his softs in Bahrain and that was so awesome. Just hope these compounds aren’t a step backwards.

Yeah, the slow stop didn’t help.

Hopefully, Monaco’s less boring.

Last edited:

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Well that F1TV was a shit show this weekend unfortunately. At least everyone is getting a 2 week's worth refund. Hoping they fix their servers by Monaco.

As for the race, I was extremely surprised Vettel couldn't make up any ground on max in those last 10-12 laps. I was for sure expecting one of his hard pushes at the end to take a podium at least.

And freaking Grosjean lol

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
As for the race, I was extremely surprised Vettel couldn't make up any ground on max in those last 10-12 laps. I was for sure expecting one of his hard pushes at the end to take a podium at least.

Ferrari had an off week. I'm sure they'll be back to form at Monaco. It's not a Merc track historically.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I have been quite happy with the ESPN coverage honestly.
I use the app on my Apple TV and have zero complaints.

Agree. I thought I'd miss NBCSN more than I am. SKySports/ESPN, once they worked out the kinks after week 1, have had excellent coverage. Really enjoying it.

FairladyM

Have been watching this season on the ESPN app with no issues, and the SkySports commentators aren't bad, but I definitely miss the days of Bob Varsha and David Hobbs.

Do any of you go to any races in person? I am going to try to get up to Montreal next year. I'll come out and say #TeamLH always, but love Alonso as well and wish McLaren could get back to form sooner rather than later....

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Have been watching this season on the ESPN app with no issues, and the SkySports commentators aren't bad, but I definitely miss the days of Bob Varsha and David Hobbs.

Do any of you go to any races in person? I am going to try to get up to Montreal next year. I'll come out and say #TeamLH always, but love Alonso as well and wish McLaren could get back to form sooner rather than later....

We don't have cable, just use Hulu and others, so ESPN is a no go for us. Have been torrenting the Sky coverage of each race the day after so far. So functional F1TV would be nice for seeing these live for a change.

And I'll be at the Montreal race this year :D First time seeing F1 in person, quite excited!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
And I'll be at the Montreal race this year :D First time seeing F1 in person, quite excited!

Awesome! My wife wanted to go this year, but some personal stuff got in the way.

Did you do the package from montrealgrandprix.com?

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie

The wife and I have been to every track north of the Equator, except: Baku, Red Bull Ring and Sochi. Our first one was the F1 race at Indy in 2000. Living in Germany (10 miles from the Hockenheimring) from 2002-2007 helped. :D

In fact, I tracked my car, a 2001 Subaru RS2.5 at the time, on the Nuerburgring and Hockenheimring.

FairladyM

We don't have cable, just use Hulu and others, so ESPN is a no go for us. Have been torrenting the Sky coverage of each race the day after so far. So functional F1TV would be nice for seeing these live for a change.

We don't have cable either and had been watching the races on ESPN's website until we downloaded the ESPN app for the TV. Didn't ask us for cable provider or anything, and you can watch live on the app.

Have fun in Montreal, that's typically a good race!

The wife and I have been to every track north of the Equator, except: Baku, Red Bull Ring and Sochi. Our first one was the F1 race at Indy in 2000. Living in Germany (10 miles from the Hockenheimring) from 2002-2007 helped. :D

In fact, I tracked my car, a 2001 Subaru RS2.5 at the time, on the Nuerburgring and Hockenheimring.

Very nice! Nurburgring is definitely on the list of places to visit some time, along with Monaco and Silverstone.