GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
If you want something that drives like crap, is less sporty with an interior from 1989, you'll love the XV. GLI to XV = epic downgrade IMO, but you know, different strokes I suppose.

QFT. The VX is one of the most awful cars in modern times. Subaru is reeling in lots of suckers with this thing.

misaka

Ready to race!
If you are going with this, I'd go with a Forester for 200$ more

The reviewer of reliable slow cars... Consumer reports, says the XV crosstrek will have a projected Average reliability. 74/100 points.

The forester with the 2.5 engine is rated much better than average for reliability. 86/100 points

Here's their take on the XV

Why buy one:
• It's roomier than alternatives like the Nissan Juke or Mini Countryman
• Even well equipped, it costs less than most small SUVs
• It easily copes with moonscape country lanes and light off-roading
• It gets better fuel economy than most alternatives
• User-friendly cabin with simple controls and generous visibility
• Rugged styling and neat colors appeal to buyers who'd rather have a small SUV than a dowdy Impreza hatchback
Why not buy one:
• The cabin is very noisy
• Ride and steering aren't as good as its Impreza donor
• Most small SUVs have lots more cargo space
• It lacks the low-range gearing and underbody ruggedness of a true off-roader
• If you don't need the XV's added ground clearance, most buyers will do better with an Impreza Sport hatchback for $2,000 less
• Hybrid version doesn't bring much of a mileage bump and costs $3,000 more

Here's the forester
Why buy one:
•Class-leading fuel economy
•Extremely practical package, with a roomy rear seat, simple controls, and spacious cargo area
•Unusually good view out, especially for a modern car
•Very easy access
•Well-equipped for the money
•Optional EyeSight options package includes comprehensive electronic safety features
Why not buy one:
•Ride lacks the comfort delivered by previous Foresters or the current Honda CR-V
•Cabin can get a little noisy
•Fairly basic and spartan interior
•Phone pairing and audio streaming is a step or two behind the competition

McQueen77

Banned
Bit harsh..

:)

Just basing this off my time with it. Spent about 40 minutes driving it around. Manual trans, etc. The car is a bummer. Personally, if I had to get a Suburu I would get either the Forester XT or more likely, the Outback with the 3.6L V6 and the automatic (not the CVT). That thing seriously moves, is AWD, the automatic is night and day better than the CVT and it holds a ton of stuff.