Autotech HPFP internals
Carbonio intake
Golf R IC
CTS PCV revamp
Forge DV
APR Stage 2+ 93 oct 1/4 tank
18" Detroits
DSG

Interesting part was that we were literally neck and neck, for every single run. We did some pulls from 50mph, 30mph, and 20mph, and neither of us really pulled on the other.. One of us may have gotten a jump from the start from early throttle but neither of us pulled away from the other

Kind of boring, but still rather interesting.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I'd be interested in seeing the results if that run on a hot day to see how much the ic helps.

Car(s)
Subaru
I'm surprised you didn't slowly walk away from him, you've got an upgraded intercooler and higher octane gas.

They are on a k03. Not a huge difference and oct is the same. One persons car might have dirtier valves, worse spark plugs, etc. being nearly the same car I'd be more surprised if one smokes another... Unless one had a different tune but they're the same

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I'm surprised you didn't slowly walk away from him, you've got an upgraded intercooler and higher octane gas.

It was a pretty cold night. I believe it was around 60 degrees tops..

I'd be interested in seeing the results if that run on a hot day to see how much the ic helps.

Agreed

They are on a k03. Not a huge difference and oct is the same. One persons car might have dirtier valves, worse spark plugs, etc. being nearly the same car I'd be more surprised if one smokes another... Unless one had a different tune but they're the same

He was on Shell V Power 91 pump gas, I was on Sunoco Ultra 94; our APR ECU's were programmed accordingly. I should have mentioned that his car has ~35,000 miles and mine has 65,000 miles. My spark plugs are around 20,000 miles old and my coil packs have probably never been changed..

93 octane car probably lost whatever it gained in exhaust restriction.

I was also thinking this.. A catless 3" flows a lot better than my catted downpipe. Check out the Neuspeed turbo-back exhaust - it's 3" from the turbo to the cat, then after the cat its 2.75" until exit.

So now we know upgraded intercooler does nothing.

During the weather we were having, the upgraded intercooler didn't really shine. On a really hot day, it probably would make a difference..

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
93 octane car probably lost whatever it gained in exhaust restriction.

And heavier/bigger wheels needing more power to spin them due to weight and added circumference.

Plus golf r ic still has plastic end tanks and i havent seen any data personally on flow or temp drop from them. I know for a fact s3 ic flows a nice amount more g/s then stock.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Well I did some logs today, multiple consecutive WOT pulls in 95 degree weather and my IAT's spiked no higher than 120.. Was only boosting to about 19psi though

McNeilGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
You woulda seen results with the FMIC if you guys did multiple runs I.E. 10+ because of the chilly weather, if it was hot out no doubt you would have kept passing him

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
You woulda seen results with the FMIC if you guys did multiple runs I.E. 10+ because of the chilly weather, if it was hot out no doubt you would have kept passing him

Maybe.. I'm starting to doubt the Golf R intercoolers' effectiveness overall