GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 doors means 2 seats

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
Not a good idea in my opinion. Unless you have ridiculous plans as far as modifications then go for it.

exS4

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
`06 GTi
I did it because...

steeevo said:
Personally..If this is your street car..Why?

I wanted to get rid of unnessesary weight. to make my car handle, accelrate and brake as good as possible. Plus I never carry more than one passenger and even that is pretty rare.
I had it that way for sevral years on my MKIV and loved-it!
Also I haven't noticed any increased road noise.

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
exS4, have any pics of your gutting gti your willing to show us. Ever since you said that you were gonna get those killer aftermarket seats, ive been wanting to see. Sry if you've posted pics b4, im not good with the search function. :wink: :biggrin:

Grey77

Go Kart Newbie
The performance difference will be noticeable - I've tried it before. But the downside is that there is a lot more road noise if you can live with that.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
If you don't give a shit, do it. You get better gas mileage and you're quicker.

Nimble

Oval Champion
I stripped mine screwing around and the seat bottom was MAYBE 7 lbs, so thats a wash, the hatch cover and the spare tire mat cover was also maybe 7-10lbs combined. Where the real weight is, is in the spare tire, about 40 lbs, the tools, about 12 lbs, and the split fold seats on the wider side is ridiculously heavy, like a good 25 lbs. The smaller split fold side was maybe 10. I'd say, with a fully stripped rear you're looking at a max of 100-110lbs. Also, gettting rid of the gorilla mats helped me save a good 10 lbs as well (not to mention I sold them for $80....who really cares if the stock shitbox floor mats get ruined in the winter? gives good reason to upgrade to the "GTI" ones with the red piping....coming from BMW world, I seriously don't get all the rage for rubber floor mats in the VW scene, you guys are weird. ;)

Where the big difference lies, is that my stripped package 0 GTI with 18 lb 17" wheels, is a good 250 lbs lighter than a DSG, 18" Huff, package 1 GTI. My car is noticeably faster than the above one I test drove before I bought mine, of course mine is also chipped. :thumbup:

BTW, FWIW, my rear interior is back in. Screw the added ride height and noisy back end while driving. Shoot, I could even hear the gas swooshing around when I was parking up my driveway. :confused: