GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19x8..what offset & tire size

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
Well I have decided to go with 19 x 8 rims, however I am not sure what offset and Tire size would be the best fit for me? I dont want to have to "roll" the fenders or do any mods to get them to work...is a 19x8 a possible option with those factors in play?

whitepony5.0

Car(s)
06 GTI
I dont plan on going low at all, just a mild drop down the road. 19x8 with a et40 range i will start looking for with some new 225/35/19's should do the trick it sounds like then

nate122

Go Kart Champion
215/35/19=low
225/35 et 40-50= rub if you want low.. this is talking from experience.. lol my sidewall was destroyed.

all in all it depends on how slammed you want to be.

whitepony5.0

Car(s)
06 GTI
215/35/19=low
225/35 et 40-50= rub if you want low.. this is talking from experience.. lol my sidewall was destroyed.

all in all it depends on how slammed you want to be.

so should i go with 215/35/19 if im considering a drop down the road is what your saying?

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
NO offense but your car is going to look hideous with 19's on and no drop,.. especially being a 06 and not even having the euro suspension I wouldn't do it.

robthorpe

Licence Plate: SK8RDIE
^ Exactly what I was thinking. No expert, but 19" and no drop looks terrible.

whitepony5.0

Car(s)
06 GTI
"NO offense but your car is going to look hideous with 19's on and no drop,.. especially being a 06 and not even having the euro suspension I wouldn't do it."

What do you mean by euro suspension?? I plan on lowering it about 1 inch eventually