GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

190000 miles.

doc280

Ready to race!
I purchased my 2007 GTI last month and it has 190000 miles on it.

Since I really did not have much maintenance history, I just completed this round of maintenance.

1) Oil Change and filter.
2) Air Filter
3) Spark Plugs
4) Cabin Filter
5) Cam Follower
6) Timing Belt
7) Water Pump
8) Idler pulleys
9) Serpentine Belt
10) Brake Fluid Flush
11) New Antifreeze
12) Wheel Alignment
13) DSG Service (Dealer had a good deal on the alignments and they discovered a recall for the mechtronic.) I think the DSG make more noise at idel and in gear, D or R, then before the new mechtronic was installed, but that might be just me. I had to pay for the fillter and labor to install it.

Have I missed anything?

doc280

Ready to race!
You are correct, I have missed the fuel filter. I will take care of this in a day or two. As for the carbon cleaning, I believe I will put this off. The engine is running so smooth, I hate to mess with it.

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
I purchased my 2007 GTI last month and it has 190000 miles on it.

Since I really did not have much maintenance history, I just completed this round of maintenance.

1) Oil Change and filter.
2) Air Filter
3) Spark Plugs
4) Cabin Filter
5) Cam Follower
6) Timing Belt
7) Water Pump
8) Idler pulleys
9) Serpentine Belt
10) Brake Fluid Flush
11) New Antifreeze
12) Wheel Alignment
13) DSG Service (Dealer had a good deal on the alignments and they discovered a recall for the mechtronic.) I think the DSG make more noise at idel and in gear, D or R, then before the new mechtronic was installed, but that might be just me. I had to pay for the fillter and labor to install it.

Have I missed anything?
What type of sound are you experiencing? Or are you feeling more vibration while in D stopped at a light? Do you know if the car has every been modified?

How are you brake rotors?

Install subframe collar kit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

doc280

Ready to race!
What type of sound are you experiencing? Or are you feeling more vibration while in D stopped at a light? Do you know if the car has every been modified?

How are you brake rotors?

Install subframe collar kit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I guess I would describe the sound as being a med pitch growl and if I have the radio on I don't hear it. I have not noticed any addition vibration when in drive or reverse, but the sound goes away in neutral and park. This is the first DSG 6 I have had and trying to compare it to my Audi S5 DSG 7 is apples and oranges. The DSG 6 shifts well, though in sport mode, I do wish it would not take the RPM so high, 6800, just makes me quench at bit with a high mileage engine.

All appears stock with the car and I plan to just keep it that way. From underneath I know it has a new oem cat, front axles and rear bearings.

Brakes and rotors are all good and the fluid was clean when I flushed it.

I will have to look into the subframe collar kit, I have not researched it. I do remember the dealer saying adjusted a subframe to straighten the steering wheel.

helldiver14

Passed Driver's Ed
Impressive mileage man! I just got a Stage 2 with 160k and runs like a dream. The only thing she needs is thermostat and my rotors are really chewed up. I would recommend to check your water drain tubes. Mine I believe are backed up because during a car wash when the air dryers come on, I get splash of water on my passenger side floor. Just something to look for.

doc280

Ready to race!
Impressive mileage man! I just got a Stage 2 with 160k and runs like a dream. The only thing she needs is thermostat and my rotors are really chewed up. I would recommend to check your water drain tubes. Mine I believe are backed up because during a car wash when the air dryers come on, I get splash of water on my passenger side floor. Just something to look for.

Thanks for the info and the tubes are draining, so I am good there. Something I have found is leaves can collect at the top of the front wheel well, trap moisture and rust the fender out. I have found a passenger fender (wing) and still looking out for a driver's side.

Fuel filter has been replaced, not without problems, but done.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Thanks for the info and the tubes are draining, so I am good there. Something I have found is leaves can collect at the top of the front wheel well, trap moisture and rust the fender out. I have found a passenger fender (wing) and still looking out for a driver's side.

Fuel filter has been replaced, not without problems, but done.

It isn't leaves that trap moisture at the top of the fender arch. Its a design flaw where VW installed open cell foam blocks in an attempt to dampen the noise of the DI injectors in early MKV cars. Later MKV and MK6 cars have a closed cell foam that doesn't hold onto water. If you are installing junk yard fenders, make sure rust hasn't started in that location and completely remove the foam.