GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x9.5 off for good fitment

fastdubonbbs

Ready to race!
I have a 08 GTI and planning on running 18x9.5 all the way around. I know I have to go with 30 offset in the front to have good fitment. What do I need to go wit in the rear? Oh...I'm not on bags so no crazy camber

mkvstEEzYGiRL

hahaha
"good fitment" is a relative term. 9.5 et30 will poke quite a bit. The rear will require some, if not max, negative camber depending on how low you are. It will also require a stretched tire. You can run a higher offset up front, but nothing higher than an et38, as it won't clear your strut.

You might want to explore the mk5 wheel fitment threads a bit and see what you like. Maybe post a picture of the type of fitment you're looking for, and someone can help you from there.

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
"good fitment" is a relative term. 9.5 et30 will poke quite a bit. The rear will require some, if not max, negative camber depending on how low you are. It will also require a stretched tire. You can run a higher offset up front, but nothing higher than an et38, as it won't clear your strut.

You might want to explore the mk5 wheel fitment threads a bit and see what you like. Maybe post a picture of the type of fitment you're looking for, and someone can help you from there.

I have 9.5 up front with a 35 et and barely clear the strut. And 9.5 in the rear et 32 and clear just fine and stretched on a 215/40/18 and both drive great.

eurowobgti

landeinwärtsdubz
Here's mine with 9.5 et 30 all around. Rear maxed cambered -4, front fenders rolled and pulled and rear slight pulled. Need to get the front fender redone since someone's door hit it. Tires are 215/40R18 all around.