GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

15000 mile maintenance?

Jaegermeister

Go Kart Newbie
Just wondering if anyone knows what this is? My dash display says service by 15000 miles on it and I cannot find in the book what a 15000 mile service is except for the 1.8t engine, which would be the oil change. Anyone?

2006 GTI CW

Jules

Loves her Hatch.
...isn't it in the manual... not being smartass, just saying I thought I saw each interval's requirements in there.:smile:

Jaegermeister

Go Kart Newbie
Jules said:
...isn't it in the manual... not being smartass, just saying I thought I saw each interval's requirements in there.:smile:

Been there done that etc. It states the 1.9t engine only in my manual at 15000 miles. for the 2.0 tfsi engine it goes 5000 10000 20000 30000 ...... and so on. It does not state anything for 15000, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks :D and I know you're not being a smartass cuz I'd say read the manual too but i'm past that.

Jules

Loves her Hatch.
LOL, it's just good to start at the beginning. LOLOL

Well shoot, now I'm curious.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
its becuz these motors are supposed to go 10k between every service...except for the first which should be around 5k

edit: yes i understand that 15k would be 10k from the 5k...but i just passing on info ive gotten from every dealer ive talked to about service