GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 wrx vs stage 2+

rippie74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Im hoping he'll be broke after the trade in so I have ahwile I guess, damn maybe I shouldve gotten that sti, instead of my gti..

My buddy has the 2008 STI w/COBB Stage II, CAI & a full 3" exhaust. That thing pulls like a Grand National.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
haha you and i think alike, i actually went and saw one this weekend and made me debate on ordering that coveted ko4 ive been thinking about.

yeah ... if i really wanted one, i wouldve had a sti a long time ago, i just dont feel like paying $500 - $600 on car payments ... and more on insurance ... so im definatly getting that k04 ...

and we dont really need awd for a dd here in vegas ...

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
I almost bought a '11 WRX.
it's gotta be at least 200awhp out of the box. Subaru's stock tunes are terrible though so you should have him no problem at effing all when he's stock.

But as soon as he starts putting money into it i think you'll have to work hard. If you want comparisons you need to come down one of these friday nights!

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
I almost bought a '11 WRX.
it's gotta be at least 200awhp out of the box. Subaru's stock tunes are terrible though so you should have him no problem at effing all when he's stock.

But as soon as he starts putting money into it i think you'll have to work hard. If you want comparisons you need to come down one of these friday nights!

I'm not putting anymore than 3-4k into my car performance wise. That's why the ko4 wont make me feel bad about myself for dumping all this money for a car Hahah.

I know dude my car is still in the shop though. He said it should be done Friday/Saturday. I got into my accident right after the euro meet and I have a fuel pump and intake waiting to be installed. I'll try to make it out asap haha

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Turn it into a rally car!

thats my goal, but im gonna keep the gti til the mk7 comes out ... if the mk7 r is available in the us with 300 bhp, i might consider it ... buf if not, sti for sure ...

donnyboyy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG gti 6spd with
I love these threads where guys go back and forth and "guess" at who would win!! I love it!! The guy that says the xyz cars traps 1 or 2 miles and hour faster in the quarter mile so it would win make piss myself lol.....ill tell ya what.... When he gets his car......RACE HIM .... Then tell us what happend!

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I put a good number a car lengths on a new wrx with giac 91oct file and p-flo intake to 130mph. I kept putting distance on him until I had to let off.

i just noticed this, but you have a k04 ... the other guys that were saying they won against wrx's have k03's ...

mossbren

Passed Driver's Ed
I heard that loucfr......I'm doing straight cosmetic and maintenance mods, until I can buy a WRX. a few upgrades, and it will be pushing 400hp and 200 lbs lighter than the gti. It's the path to success!

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI 2-Door
I feel that Subarus and Evos are the way to go if you want fast performance. But, we have something to our advantage over Subaru any day. Gas Mileage!

Outcome sounds completely plausible. It takes the WRX a second to get up and going from a roll. From a dig most of the time its game over for the GTI though.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I heard that loucfr......I'm doing straight cosmetic and maintenance mods, until I can buy a WRX. a few upgrades, and it will be pushing 400hp and 200 lbs lighter than the gti. It's the path to success!

the wrx isnt 200 lbs lighter than the gti ...

Chris2.0t

GtI 2>0T
Car(s)
2011 Wrx
the wrx isnt 200 lbs lighter than the gti ...

A 2011 wrx weights 3008lbs and a 2010 Gti weights 3034lbs. So the Wrx is actually lighter but only by 28lbs lol.

And Tadddd your right about the gas milage, thats one things I miss about the gti.