09 GTI vs. $1800

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
1800 towards car payment?

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Pump DP and stage 2+. That's a beast right there.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
KW 3 coilovers.. you already have a front lip in a box, plus R32 rear.. if I were you dp would have to wait right after the coilovers which together with those body parts once taken out of the box and installed they'll totally transform your car. So right after that it would be a dp and continue with few more bolt ons like a cooler, hpfp (if you're FSI), wastegate etc. And then engine build and BT. So install the stuff you've already purchased and then...

1. coilovers (KW 3 would be my choice)
2. dp + stage 2
3. cooler
4. hpfp (if you're FSI)
5. wastegate
6. moar power....

You may want to consider replacing your dv as well if you're FSI. You want the OEM Revision "D". Do that with the coilovers don't waste any time, also check cam follower. If you're TSI never mind all that just do coilovers and skip 4.

Why coilovers first? Turn your car into a rocket if it's still trying to look like an SUV it'll look ugly. Your not racing in Dakar, after all.

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
If you read the post youd see he did already.

Haha, I skimmed through it thinking those were some of the option he had in mind. If you are more power oriented for 1,800 you could get water meth injection, Exhaust system, and rebuild your hpfp fuel pump. Otherwise get a quality set of coilovers and some nice wheels :thumbsup:

I would do koni coilovers and the rest towards the car payment...theres a website that sells then for less than 1000$ brand new.......do what you think its best. Just remember,if you want power, its never gonna be fast enough,u wil get used to it very quick.

i<3myMKV

Winner
Car(s)
2006 Tornado Red GTI
Dp, water/meth and you will be set if you wanna go faster then coils, and put the aesthetic parts that you have already, onto your car and you will be looking good.

Last edited:
Car(s)
2008 GTI
for $1800, i'd definitely go Stage 2 right away...

3" DP + tune = awesome 270HP

you're just a PUMP away from getting stage 2+

You can squeeze pump, pipe and tune out of $1800 man.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
hes TSI.