GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 mkv vs cobalt ss

fastgti69

M3 Eater

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Lol would you rather have a cobalt or your gti?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Because college classes are boring

Lol, It's different. I've had both cars. I can say the reason why I got my GTI was cause it looked sexy, and it was very mod friendly. The reason why I got my cobalt after the GTI, I wanted much more raw performance and power. The Gti never delivered that in any way close to the way the cobalt does. I track my car hard, and I beat it. This cobalt SS is definitely what you want if you want bang for your buck performance. The interior and exterior quality is shit, not even gonna lie I hate it compared to my GTI. I still love my GTI no matter what. My cobalt SS stock does things my GTI would wish it could do even with stage 2 and some suspension mods. The only vw I can compare my cobalt ss to is the Golf R.

Car(s)
Subaru
truth about the cobalt being performance.

for me, something that i can get into the 11s would be great. i still want my interior cause i hate squeaks and love how nice everything is. im not a chevy fan, but thats a preference, but i did think about a srt4 really hard. after driving a few cars (ss didnt even come into picture, but id compare it to a srt4 neon), i decided id rather have the slower car, gti, and have a great interior and low to no squeaks.

i dont track my car much cause i dont have the time, but if i tracked a car a lot, i prolly would have went with the srt4 or wrx i drove.

MkvMatt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Gti
Lol, It's different. I've had both cars. I can say the reason why I got my GTI was cause it looked sexy, and it was very mod friendly. The reason why I got my cobalt after the GTI, I wanted much more raw performance and power. The Gti never delivered that in any way close to the way the cobalt does. I track my car hard, and I beat it. This cobalt SS is definitely what you want if you want bang for your buck performance. The interior and exterior quality is shit, not even gonna lie I hate it compared to my GTI. I still love my GTI no matter what. My cobalt SS stock does things my GTI would wish it could do even with stage 2 and some suspension mods. The only vw I can compare my cobalt ss to is the Golf R.

I'll agree on the performance end for the ss. But are cars can be built for serious performance but once again like mentioned ss is better bang for your buck. Where as it takes $$$ for us to put down that type of power. But over all I would much rather own my gti before any domestic car no matter what power it's putting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Because college classes are boring

I DID It

LMMFAO this thread is mad funny / srry for the late reply, didnt think the lost would be taken so tightly/ to clear sum things up....NO YOU DID NOT ASK ME IF I DRIVE A SS OR LS you can look at my car and see its not a LS when i started my car and the bypass valve went off and how deep my exhaust tone was you would hav known my car was turbo. AS far as the guy who stated its a dicc move, its just fun bro calm down i dnt need to hide my mods my mods make up 40% of the car the driver makes up the rest, stage 2? nah you wont keep up with stage 3 i have no idea what your stages consist of but i think 4 or higher to have a gud run with me. YEA I DID IT!!!

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/lol-crushed-gti-got-blasted-their-forum-279033/

Here is a copy of the link from cobaltss.net

Is it just me or is this guy with the cobalt a dick? First he calls out a stock tuned GTI and when he crushes it with his modded TC sedan, he laughs about it and makes fun of all GTI's? Real mature "I DID IT". The grammar alone shows his intelligence and maturity level. On the golfmkv forum, there is a productive and rational coversation, yet on the cobaltss forum it's just GTI bashing and lolz. If I were on the cobaltss forum, I would want to disassociate myself with people like this, it is bringing down the community and proving the stereotype is true.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
LMMFAO this thread is mad funny / srry for the late reply, didnt think the lost would be taken so tightly/ to clear sum things up....NO YOU DID NOT ASK ME IF I DRIVE A SS OR LS you can look at my car and see its not a LS when i started my car and the bypass valve went off and how deep my exhaust tone was you would hav known my car was turbo. AS far as the guy who stated its a dicc move, its just fun bro calm down i dnt need to hide my mods my mods make up 40% of the car the driver makes up the rest, stage 2? nah you wont keep up with stage 3 i have no idea what your stages consist of but i think 4 or higher to have a gud run with me. YEA I DID IT!!!

I was in front of you when you asked if i wanted to run i asked is if you have ss or ls. I couldnt see your car all you said was that you drive a cobalt. I had no idea witch one you where driving. There was no way i an look at your car cause i didnt know witch one it was, i posted this thread beacause i was curious what it was. Ive never heard of ss/tc. At the end I drive a VW and im still in highschool:wink: Just trying to do what i can with my part time job on my mkv. Soon leaving to the Airforce this sept. Planning on going big turbo after graduating. Then we can have some fun:thumbsup: