GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Still monster truck for a couple of weeks. No worries after 4 years.

RT660s in 255/40/17 in the front (every bit of 265s), and FK510s in 245/45/17 in the rear. Wanted to bias weight distribution to the front for traction 'cause traction. Saw plenty of lowered individuals using TT-S/EMD spring spacers to correct rake lol. I wanted to correct weight transfer on stock suspension. I was curious about the effects of a .3" taller rear tire from axle center.

Extremely surprised how much more confident I can throw the car into corners. My old, front setup had super pinched beads but sticky tires. I didn't realize how much sidewall flex + pinched bead was compromising performance and wear. My old tires were visibly more worn on the bead line (inner and outer) of the rim due to being so pinched/bulged. Some of that was tire pressure as well which is on me.

Suspension is going on in two weeks. Shocks + springs. All new hardware + mounts. RS3 LCAs front and rear. About to feel like a new car.

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_085409572_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210911_085409572_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20210911_085419026_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210911_085419026_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20210911_085449766_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210911_085449766_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20210911_085509379_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210911_085509379_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 292

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Have any more info on RS3 LCAs? I thought used the same arms as A3/S3/GTI/R. Recently purchased a set of TT LCAs for my car, wondering if I missed any alternatives.

Nice work!

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Have any more info on RS3 LCAs? I thought used the same arms as A3/S3/GTI/R. Recently purchased a set of TT LCAs for my car, wondering if I missed any alternatives.

Nice work!
Rs3 LCAs are same stamping as GTI/R but have a significantly stiffer rubber bushing. Top R, bottom rs3. Don't know about the rear bushings though.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Reverse Stagger FTW!

Curious to see the rear clearance with the 265/35-18 Accelera Sports. If you can take any inner wheel well pictures showing how much room you have between the tire and fuel filler hose, that would be super helpful! I have yet to come across anyone running a 265 on the rear of their GTI with the 18x9" ET42 so I haven't been able to follow up with fuel filler hose clearance recommendations in our MK7 fitment guide.

-Geirsen
Reverse Stagger FTW!

Curious to see the rear clearance with the 265/35-18 Accelera Sports. If you can take any inner wheel well pictures showing how much room you have between the tire and fuel filler hose, that would be super helpful! I have yet to come across anyone running a 265 on the rear of their GTI with the 18x9" ET42 so I haven't been able to follow up with fuel filler hose clearance recommendations in our MK7 fitment guide.

-Geirsen
So here we have it. 18x9 no spacer with a 265.

Plenty of room. Might mean my next set will be 18x9 square. Then fatten her up with 265s all around😁😁

I'll be fitting my bbk soon if folks wanna tune in on build thread🤙🏿

Attachments

• PXL_20210911_214721565.jpg
    PXL_20210911_214721565.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116

Johaan

Ready to race!
C9B90052-29F9-445A-B89F-B28987A95E36.jpeg
Only had time today for a quick photo
at the park. Digging it.

Johaan

Ready to race!
1D27C4ED-AFCD-435C-BBE0-307896454AE5.jpeg

Got the swag. Minimalist look FTW.

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Can some one send me a picture of the metal valve stems they got from apex? I went to get my wheels mounted but the tire shop told me that apex sent me tpms valve stems that are to large for my car. Here is a picture. I have only ever use rubber ones so I’m confused on the Install and if the tire shop is giving me correct Info. They told me the gap between both grommets is to large and they feel that if they tighten further they will damage the inner threads and or wheel
D3FE2961-FAD8-4AE6-BF3B-B296451F5F66.jpeg
68C98D58-EB7F-4C1D-AD3C-5D1B7563B2C9.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can some one send me a picture of the metal valve stems they got from apex? I went to get my wheels mounted but the tire shop told me that apex sent me tpms valve stems that are to large for my car. Here is a picture. I have only ever use rubber ones so I’m confused on the Install and if the tire shop is giving me correct Info. They told me the gap between both grommets is to large and they feel that if they tighten further they will damage the inner threads and or wheelView attachment 225762View attachment 225763
I don't know much about valve stems but our cars don't use TPMS sensors in the wheels.

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I know that’s why I’m wondering if they sent me the wrong ones. They didn’t send any tpms sensor but I think the valve a they sent are meant for them according to the tire shop. I’m hoping some one can send me some pics so I can verify

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Looks like my order is (was) being held because of unavailability/backorder of the same color (anthracite) valve stems. After a couple of emails with Apex, we agreed that a substitution of silver metal valve stems was acceptable. I'm anticipating a shipping confirmation email at any time now.
An interesting discussion came up in our email conversation; Apex apparently thought my 2017 GTI Sport used wheel-mounted TPMS sensors. My wheels clearly do not have any TPMS wheel sensors (I'm on my second set of tires & had the valve stems replaced with the newest set) and my understanding is that the ABS system provides that function. When did VW go to the ABS system providing the TPMS function?
Which sensors did apex provide for you. They sent me the above kit and I’m very confused.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Which sensors did apex provide for you. They sent me the above kit and I’m very confused.
They obviously sent you the wrong ones. It clearly says TPMS on the package. The tire shop should have regular valve stems in stock that you can use.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was gonna buy the regular stems but I already paid for the metal ones from apex and I would like to get the correct ones sent
I would find a new tire store also because they should have known that you didn't have TPMS sensors.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The valve stems they sent me looked like regular valve stems, not TPMS sensors/valve stems. They looked nothing like the photo you posted.
Apex sent you the wrong valve stems. They owe you the correct stems that you paid for and probably a refund on the difference in cost. They are a honest company in my (limited) experience. I have no doubt they will take care of you and make you whole. Give them a fair chance!

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I would find a new tire store also because they should have known that you didn't have TPMS sensors.
I agree 100%. I'd be looking for a soft-touch tire-mounting tool in the tire shop too. Why get your sharp new rims scratched by the tool mounting your tires? Find a shop that specializes in mounting tires on high-end performance, luxury & sports cars. Like Porsche, Mercedes, Alfa, BMW, etc.