GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. doc280

Two broken bulb sockets

Look up my post GTI on the Cheap , either the last or second to the last page has the details.
  2. doc280

Two broken bulb sockets

You can purchase mk6 front turn sockets and with slight modifications, with a dremel make them work. Make sure to check the light brightness setting, if it is set at 100% , it will melt the bulb socket.
  3. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

I really need to sit down and catch this thread up, maybe after baseball season. I will give a brief now to let you guys how things are going. The cheap Chinese suspension parts failed and have been replaced with original manufacturers parts. The electric cheap Chinese parts have held up...
  4. doc280

Need Help Finding 2009 GTI Front Turn Bulb Housing

You can use the ones from a MK6 and use a dremel to make them fit. Also look at your light settings, if those lights are set at a 100% they will melt the housing.
  5. doc280

MKV Upholstery Fabric Door Cards - LAME

Actually the glue is not the problem, the foam back degrades and lets go. I used some inexpensive headliner material which worked well. Using something like leather is so much out of my skillset. You will need to take the door cards apart, which are held together by some heat welds.
  6. doc280

How to remove parking light bulb socket?

I believe one must turn counter clockwise and pull , to remove.
  7. doc280

BT FSI timing chain carnage

That appears to me, from the damage to the adjuster, the adjuster was installed misaligned and incorrectly.
  8. doc280

Halogen to Xenons

Those are not xeon headlamps, but are projections which use halogen bulbs. I am not sure how good they work or if they are technically legal, but they should be plug and play.
  9. doc280

Golf 5 seat air bag / seat replacement issues

You are going to have to clear the fault.
  10. doc280

2007 GTI Doors won't lock with fob

I would start with the drivers door lock actuator, and then move to the rear door if the problem persist. These actuators , even OEM, have been notorious for failure.
  11. doc280

I read this and remain in the belief it is a weak drivers door actuator. This is exactly what mine was doing when I bought it. A $20 actuator and the humble mechanic has a DIY on YouTube, I am fairly sure will fix it. I believe I did the central locking feature with Carista, sorry, I was...
  12. doc280

Do you have the central lock feature activated?
  13. doc280

I had the same symptoms when I purchased mine and it was a new actuator that solved the issue. I actually had another failure two years later, the actuator would not read when the door was open, which caused a whole host of different problems. These actuators are a little more complex than most...
  14. doc280

Driver's door lock actuator has bit the dust. The actuators listed for $20 dollars, on Ebay, actually work very well.
  15. doc280

HELP!- MK5 VW GTI no start after HPFP and Intake cam replaced

I could be wrong, because I can not find it now, however I thought being one tooth off would not cause an impact, but would cause a non-compression issue? Either way check the timing of the chain.
  16. doc280

HELP!- MK5 VW GTI no start after HPFP and Intake cam replaced

Love this guys video on how to time the chain when replacing it. I followed his procedure and everything worked out great for me.