GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halogen to Xenons

nav922

Car(s)
MK5 GTI 2007
Afternoon,

I currently own a Golf GTI 2007 that came with the standard halogen headlights and i want to know if i can change these for xenons. Whats included and would they need coding. I am from the uk and the car is RHD, im wondering would these lights off ebay be sufficient or what is the best way of doing this and parts needed etc ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-...055355?hash=item420a15ff7b:g:0z0AAOSwO29f9vnt

doc280

Ready to race!
Those are not xeon headlamps, but are projections which use halogen bulbs. I am not sure how good they work or if they are technically legal, but they should be plug and play.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Based on the description the are for RHD only and are not Bi-xenon HID or HID based that the bulbs they say are used are both H7 Halogen. Fitting true Bi-Xenon HID or HID will take more than just swapping the headlight housing in the UK because it will need to pass MOT. You will need the complete leveling system installed and working( modules,sensor, wiring & coding)

The part numbers for the left hand traffic Bi-Xenon HID are 1k6941039A & .....40A for the right side

Last edited:

nav922

Car(s)
MK5 GTI 2007
Sounds like a big job, so if i bought xenons from a gti that had them from factory, what else would i need to get it working ? is there a seperate control module ?
Iv seen some on ebay from people who are breaking gti's

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
You need the Bi-Xenon headlights fully loaded & a high line CECM & the range control module & the front & rear level sensor & wiring. You will need to do some coding and use a10 pin to 12 pin adaptor & add the necessary wires to the 12 pin to go to range control module & to activate the high beam shutters on the HID.