GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Intake Valve Cleaning - Dipstick Tube

Hey All, I am attempting my first valve cleaning on my car and I have followed the stasis, pelican and the amazing write-up on this forum but good lord I cannot for the life of me get this damn dipstick tube to come out!! Has anyone else had this issue and is there some sort of hack to get this...
  2. S

Window Issue!

Hey Guys, I have read many a thread about windows not opening properly and the culprit is usually the regulator. My question is I have yet to read about the issue I am having. When operating my drivers-side window I hear this gut wrenching crunching sound and I have no idea what the heck it...
  3. S

New IE Intake Manifold

So I was browsing on the IE webpage and stumbled upon this http://www.performancebyie.com/ie-2-0t-fsi-tsi-tfsi-intake-manifold-ea113-ea888-gen1-gen2 Just curious what peoples thoughts are, looks interesting!I thought I would open up a discussion to see what you all think.
  4. S

Italian "Tune-up"

Has anyone actually tried this method with their MKV's?? I am curious to know if it actually burns any crap off like the internet is claiming. Supposedly this will clean some of the gunk off your valves but I am sort of sceptical. For those of you that may not know the definition is below...
  5. S

Possible Head Gasket issue?

Hi all, I know this has been talked about a million times but I am starting to panic a bit. I went to check my oil today and found a small white spot on the dipstick, in a panic I took off my oil cap and was in shock! I live in Canada and where I live it is balls cold most of the time (winter...
  6. S

Manual Valve Cleaning (FSI) Question

Hey Guys, I know this has been talked about a million times but am I dumb? I still can't seem to find a really good DIY on the FSI engine and I am planning on doing this in a month. I have a super noob question to ask though: If I am going through with the valve cleaning what do you recommend...
  7. S

Weird Noise - 07 GTI (FSI ENGINE)

Hey Guys, This is my first post on the forum and I am glad to be a part of golfmkv now :). I have a question that I know has been asked a million times but I still have never found a definitive answer. I get a super weird noise every time my car hits 3-4000 rpm and it's driving me nuts!. I...