GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Windscreen wiper problem

This got loose in my car and i need to tighten it up so it wont fall off again but it seem like it doesnt stay in position the item on the picture got any tips or do i need to take it all out and replace the part? it the one with the red arrow.
  2. S

Misfire on cyl 1&4

Im getting misfire on cyl 1&4 i got new spark plugs and coilpacks on every cylender so im at loss what could be causing these misfire's? dealer has got the car twice now and say it should be good now but after like week later its the same the told me there is some turbo leak but still i have a...
  3. S

Fuse for Fog lights

Where is the Fuse for the fog lights located the ones in the bumper. i Just changed the Bulbs but now it won't light up and i got a error in the dash. its should not be the bulbs because they are as original as the come for these cars. i see in the manual that the fog light fuse is in the car...
  4. S

Retrofit projectors

Im about to install Projectors in my lenses and was wondering my car does not come original with hid is it necessary to connect the car to vagcom and check the check box for Hid's? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUw9jQx5Pf0
  5. S

Ordering springs

Was wondering what is the product number of the original springs under Vw Golf mk5 GTI? About my car its a 2005 model think you didn't get the car in the usa since 2006 but its probably the same shit under all of these cars i guess. So the think is the dealers over here price the springs to...
  6. S

I need information about error codes

I just plugged my car into Vagcom and got the following errors. Would be nice if some of you know something about these errors and what could be the problem. Identification Fault memory entries Fault memory entry number: P0299: Turbo/Super Charger Underboost Error type 1: Lower...
  7. S

installing RCD310

So i have a early 2006 model of Golf Mk5 gti and at the moment i have a RCD 500 installed and want to install the Rcd310 in it. My question is is it plug and play and also could i have battery drain with this install? RCD 310 doesnt have the big screen like RCD 510 so should it be able to...
  8. S

STOP - Brake fluid Fault - Service Manual

When i started my car this morning this error came STOP - Brake fluid Fault - Service Manual. After checking my brake fluid it was full and no need to add more, no leaking or anything. so i took him to a garage and they plugged him to a computer and saw nothing they assumed it was probably some...
  9. S

RCD510 radios

Just wondering im seeing they are selling these head units pretty cheep on ebay are they crap or is it a good quality ? any of you using this ?
  10. S

Help plz battery drain

battery drain fixed Im having battery drain and it seems nothing is making this go away. I've unplugged the sunroof because it was opening out of nowhere, new battery, everything is original in the car(radio, all lights) so i just cant see what the f.... it is that is making my car die after...
  11. S

Diesel sound

My car has been sounding like a diesel like you can hear in this video i just took. and this sound is bugging me alot. VW dealer said it is the Camshaft chain and needs to be replaced and the cost is 808$ thait i really cant be spending now since its christmas and all that...
  12. S

Battery drain

im Having these battery drain now and have been on and off since i bought the car. First time it happened was around 12 days after i bought the car so i thought it was the battery so i replaced it for a new one. After that it didn't happened for a while but started happening again few months...
  13. S

Some help needed

Erase
  14. S

what type of radio is this ?

15. S

Xenon question

The question many have asked. I have a golf mk5 gti MY2005 and i've heard that installing aftermarket xenon will damage the window wiper motor is there any way to let this not happen ? i wanna buy this kit and install it in my car...
  16. S

Aux plug on RCD500

I just upgrated my RCD300 for a 6 cd changer RCD500. And hoping that the aux plug that i got here worked www.doubleapex.co But i cant seem to see it changing to an aux port by pressing cd button twice. but now when writing this i havent tried it with a jack from ipod to the aux port. But...
  17. S

Canbus Gateway

I was wondering what canbus i should buy. I got a Golf mk5 gti 2005 model FSI engine and i want to be able to install rcd510 and xenon without the window wiper motor to stop working.
  18. S

installing a usb plug

Hey im installing a usb plug into my car like this one. but after putting it into the car i cant seem to figure out where this head unit plugs in ? first thought was the cigarette lighter but no plug like this on it. This is the plug any ideas or any DIY ?
  19. S

Question about RCD510

I was wondering i have a Golf MKV Gti 2005 model. Wanna insert RCD510 insted of the original radio in the car will i need a new CanBus gateway? and if so where is the old CanBus gateway located ?
  20. S

Post a pic of cars you own/owned

Title says it all try have pictures.