GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

06' MKV GTI Left Reverse Light Stopped Working (right side OK)

Was getting intermittent left reverse error on dash... Tested today... it was flickering took the bulb and socket out and made sure all was clean.. Bulb stopped (using LED but tried incandescent too for testing) after all put back.. tested for voltage at the plug and get 0.5V Right side is fine...
  2. N

Elbow Door Padding Options ?

On the MKVI the door panel armrest has upgraded (thicker) padding for arm / elbows. Is there an aftermarket option for us to "pad" our MKV door panels ? Something of quality and something to match the current material / color ?
  3. N

2 Door GTI Seat Not Sliding Fix

Happened to my passenger side and after poking, searching and testing, all is fixed for $ 2.00 and I did not take apart the ENTIRE seat as described necessary in Bentley pub: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5506759-Passenger-Seat-Not-Sliding-Forward&p=74729450#post74729450
  4. N

Found my timing belt cover broken..common ? Easy to change ?

When facing the cover it is the lover left corner. I removed the access panel and the appears almost NO gap between the cover and the large upper tooth gear (see pics). Possible defect or all the early FSI engines are like this ? There is also a hose with a spacer (see my finger pic)...
  5. N

Morning (solid) CEL w/ Misfire Cyl #2 ?

63K miles changed the plugs and swapped coils 1 & 2. Still get CEL during first 60 seconds of initial morning start. Idles a bit rough, After 2 minutes idle is smooth and car runs fine (of course with CEL still on solid). If the injector (last singular piece to cylinder 2) was iffy, I'd assume...
  6. N

FS: OEM "Y" Pipe,Resonator and all hoses, clamps

Replaced my "noise maker" resonator and all pipes, hoses and clamps. Used the A3 straight pipe. Selling all parts (screws, clamps, hoses and resonator). $100 + shipping
  7. N

New TSB for Musty A/C (first 12K miles) READ=>

87 07 07 May 10th, 2007 2005566 Bulletin covers a cleaning procedure for all new VWs within the first 12K miles. Does not call for the pollen filter replacement but a treatment with chemicals in the duct work. Customer must complain of musty smell before 12K mile is reached.
  8. N

Anybody get the AWE package mount deal installed as seen here ==>

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=3&PMoI=38&PEI=25&PP=mk5gj_20t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=vfmountsmk5 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  9. N

@ 25K + miles and still have to add oil between changes :(

I have not had to add oil to my past 1.8T engines (98 A4 and 02 A4) between the 5K mile oil changes. If we are using synthetic oil, where is ot going between changes ? And.....do I live wtih it ?
  10. N

18K miles and still needing to add almost 1qt oil between oil changes ???

I change the oil every 5 K (Mobil 0W-40). Is there a point in miles that oil usage will go down ? My A4 1.8T (2002) does not use oil between changes (now has 90K miles). I'm starting to get a bit worried.
  11. N

Rear tail lamp # ?

as in the PepBoys / StraussAuto shelf
  12. N

If you value your engine cover =>

Changed my PCV for version "C" this weekend. Can't VW make parts that are better than the old fashioned model planes (type of plastic used) ! I read other forum posts on how to remove the engine cover (and what were those engineers thinking !!!!!!). I have worked on cars for 25+ years and this...
  13. N

07' Owners..can someone post a photo of the lower windshield corner drain ?

where the side windshield molding comes down the to the wiper cowl area as 07's are supposed to have a "modified" design...Thanks !
  14. N

What no oil change @ 15K miles per VW 2.0T maint-schedule !?!?

I just checked my 2006 GTI schedule and it shows oil/filter changes at 5K and 10K THEN 20K miles. Skipping 15K,25,....
  15. N

HELP ! I misfired on 4,3 and 2 cylinders w/ CEL flashing then solid =>

The car sat in m garage for three days (mild temps) and when I started it today it stubled, shook then threw the CEL in flashing mode for about a minute then solid. Performance on the road was fine (CEL on solid). I ran my VAG and here were the results. Ideas anyone ? 4 Faults Found: 000768 -...
  16. N

Can the MFD beep sound level be increased (low fuel, lamp out etc..) ?

My 02" A4 has a VERY loud audio portion to the alert conditions. Even seems that it cuts the radio volume at the time of the alert. I'd like to raise the volume of the alert conditions. Regards, Philip
  17. N

Wanted: GTI Passenger fog assembly

Anyone selling theirs ? THanks.
  18. N

GTI intermittent starting vs. no cranking issue..Help !

I know there is a TSB (http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Volkswagen/1141632000000_1143100800000_0106-05/index.html) for the no-start/no-crank issue. However I have maybe once every two-three weeks the car will crank and turn over on a cold start but does not actually start. I turn the key back and try...