GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. johnnymkv

Just dawned on me, how many times does a driver shift gears driving in an entire year

I think it's incredible how much we shift our manual cars' gears every day during driving. The moment you start your trip, to when you get home. During the spring the summer, the winter the roadtrips one may have. It's mind bending. Probably over several hundred thousand times. Areas of such...
  2. johnnymkv

Hey yall I'm getting an AWE catback

Hey I was wondering... I know some of you have this catback but I haven't looked much into it at all. I heard some sound clips, it sounds awesome. I currently have an APR RSC 3" downpipe setup can I mate it to my AWE catback exhuast coming soon? Does anyone remotely have that kind of setup and...
  3. johnnymkv

after installing new D2S bulb drivers side - LIC PLATE LIGHT NOT WORKING

any reason why this is happening? The license plate light works when the bulb isn't connected. I would rather have the two headlights working so I avoid safety hazards and a ticket. but I may also get a ticket if my license plate light isn't working. Is it a connection issue? I need help ASAP...
  4. johnnymkv

lost connector on right hand side of license plate bulb

one of my lights were off, and to my surprise when I took the unit out of the bumper the connector is gone, it must have dropped somewhere or something but I can't find it. and I don't know how to retrieve it, can someone help me on how to find it? Thanks.
  5. johnnymkv

Slow moving, little boost, car feels like a person that caught the flu

2008 GTI MKV 2.0T TFSI APR stage 2 APR DP EJ CAI. Basically yeah my car feels like sh#* right now. Boost isn't present and the car lags when you want it to be PUNCHY but it's not. My friend told me to order BSH PCV and a new purge valve just in case. My dealer did do recall work on the PCV but...
  6. johnnymkv

Anyone know where I can get this part?

It is where the shifter is, I believe it broke and the part that is supposed to come out isn't moving back and forth as it should. Please advise thanks. It's not my ECS shifter after all this piece is broken. the black piece that comes out and possibly that whole assembly that should go in and...
  7. johnnymkv

update on ECS short shift, since install on may 15th

After having installed this, I don't think it works quite that well. In the beginning it worked great. Now, I can't get it to shift into 5th and 6th on the highway and it's quite a scary incident. Once releasing it from 5th gear it actually the shifter feels like it's loose and not tight with...
  8. johnnymkv

after installation of dog bone mount insert a bolt broke off

Hi guys. just wanted to give you a little evaluation, IDK if this has happened to someone else, but I installed my dog bone mount insert the red one, from ECS about 2.5 or 3 weeks ago. Since then the car has been fine up until recently the car made clicking and bucking noises under first gear...
  9. johnnymkv

mc.exe program from dialup age

This is from a website they used to allow us to even go to, called wit.wo.to which no longer exists. It's a pretty frightening thing. First view of it was a screamer that suddenly this face appears. My older cousin at the time installed a program called mc.exe which your computer does normal...
  10. johnnymkv

Search is broken so I can't - Question on Clutch

clutch has been decent the car only has 38K miles on it. I am on stage two with DP and intake now Lowered with H&R sport springs. The car sometimes the gear doesn't catch when I shift and I end up grinding it happened about 2 times now and I get so scared of that damned noise. Anyway, some idiot...
  11. johnnymkv

spacers with audi RS4 reps VMR V708s 18" on a lowered amount of alomst 2"

What is a good (mm) amount for spacing? If so how long do the bolts need to be? Thanks. I know they start at about 2mm to 3mm so on and so forth. But what would be a good amount for just the right stance?
  12. johnnymkv

Will dealer care if I have that APR DP installed?

Hi Guys: I am following up on the CEL code P0100 I took it to the dealer and they said appointment is on Thursday - Took the EJ intake off and put the stock one back on pretty easily. I locked my ECU and put it back to stock mode and will drive it like that because I don't want to forget I...
  13. johnnymkv

help please - install of eurojet CAI threw CEL on

I can't think of anything really that would cause the CEL to come on, I installed the FSI Eurojet CAI last night, there was a small opening that was stuffed with silicone rubber (white) and I tightened it with the hose clamp provided. I know there is a pipe coming from the intake mani, but they...