GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI_Speed

AutoX Geek LOLfest

Read and be amazed! :bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll: What would be reasonable to expect by going from OEM to top notch dumpers
  2. GTI_Speed

Clutch Stop

Hey I wanted to see if anyone is aware of a clutch stop for the GTI similar to this one made by Rogue Engineering for the E46? This is by far the most satisfying mod I've made to any car yet (100% due to cost per grin). http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/CS/CS.html
  3. GTI_Speed

My new(old) E46 M3

Well I finally decided to do it. Picked up a local E46 M3 from a used car dealer here in Pittsburgh. Had a pretty good buying experience with no haggling (Maybe I could have gone lower!!! haha). Anyway here are the details... 2003 M3 Coupe Phoenix Yellow 100,800mi 6Spd Manual NO SUNROOF...
  4. GTI_Speed

THE Ultimate Stock Track Brake Setup

Hey there fellow trackers, I've been meaning to get this posted up for a couple weeks now but I slack and I wanted some time to do it right. So, a few months ago I purchased these... (These are not the GTI pads, but you get the point) They came as a package deal, you get the DTC70 for the...
  5. GTI_Speed

255/40 Direzza ZII's

Probably not the right place to post this but the intentions are mostly performance oriented. So I managed to cram some 255 ZII's onto my 17x8 +45 TSW's. I gave up on the 17x9 Team Dynamics I ordered since they were taking way too long to get here... aka 3 months since I ordered them. Anyway I...
  6. GTI_Speed

April 2013 Fast Track

Just wondering if any of you fellow autox'rs have heard about the proposed changes for 2014/2015 yet. It's sparked a ton of debate on other more autox related forums as these are the biggest changes the sport has made since it basically started. The changes mostly affect every stock class. So...
  7. GTI_Speed

NASA HPDE Road Atlanta March 8th Weekend

Anyone make it out to Road Atlanta with NASA this past weekend? My dad was there in his C5 Z06 (Yellow#59). I wanted to see if anyone maybe caught a glimpse of him on video.
  8. GTI_Speed

FS: 2008 TR Volkswagen GTI -w- LSD

For Sale is my 2008 Volkswagen GTI in Tornado Red with 6spd manual, located in Pittsburgh PA. Asking price is $14,500 OBO to a good home. The car has a mere 50,000mi on the clock and is in Good condition by KBB standards. Most notably she is equipped with a WaveTrac LSD and Clutchmasters Stage2...
  9. GTI_Speed

O2 Sensor wiring

So here is a picture of the female portion of the O2 Sensor connector aka the part that's attached to the car, not the O2 Sensor. Which one of these wires goes to the ignition source and which goes to ground? See attached picture.
  10. GTI_Speed

TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Subframe Collar Driving Impressions Thread

Figured I'd start something seperate from the Group Buy since it's over. If you didn't get them you are a fool. Just installed, ran into some issues getting the subframe aligned properly which really just came down to me not following the instructions properly :iono:. Might have been a little...
  11. GTI_Speed

SCCA Discount on Mobil1 Racing Oils

Just an FYI an SCCA membership gets you a 20% discount on Mobil1 Racing Oils and it's free shipping to your door. $46.00 for 6quarts. $1525.00 for a 55gal drum. I think I might try out their 0w40 as it is VW 502.00/505.00/503.01 approved. Anyone with any experience on these oils? I see that...
  12. GTI_Speed

First AutoX of the Season

Hey guys, thought I'd post up some results/takeaways from the first AutoX of the season today. We had a pretty fun course today with a mix of tight sections and big momentum turns. It was about 65deg out and overcast, we had a slight drizzle here and there but nothing to make the lot slick. We...
  13. GTI_Speed

First Time Trial with LSD

Wow, why didn't I do this mod sooner. Things went very well this weekend. It was my first TT of the year and I've made some pretty significant changes to the car. I'm running 245/40/17 Kumho Ecsta XS now, did a back seat delete, boy those are heavy!! And I now have a WaveTrac and Clutchmasters...
  14. GTI_Speed

Clutchmasters FX200 Clutch with Steel SMF

Just was installed today by a small local raceshop here in Pittsburgh called Domination Chassis. The owner is a great guy and fellow racer who does excellent work. A Wavetrac LSD went in along with this install. Purchased the clutch kit from THMotorsports for what was a great price a few months...
  15. GTI_Speed

Dunlop Direzza ZII

Want!!! http://tyre.dunlop.co.jp/tyre/lineup...er/direzza/z2/ So tirerack guys? When do we get them
  16. GTI_Speed

SCCA Club Trials at Pittsburgh International Raceway April 21&22

Hey everyone, thought I'd post this up for the PA/Ohio folks. I haven't signed up yet but will be soon and I'm planning on doing both days. PIRC formally known as Beaverun is a fun and fast beginner level course. This is a Level 2 Club Trial which means you do not need a rollcage/rollbar. Cost...
  17. GTI_Speed

Rear Spring Question

So after racing on my ClubSports for about a year, I'm finally ready to try some different things with them. First up, the rear spring collar on it's maximum setting gives a pretty damn low ride height. KW may have designed it this way for weight distribution purposes but the front can probably...
  18. GTI_Speed

WTB: REVO SPS+ Kit

Hi, I'm looking for a REVO SPS+ cable thing so I can adjust my boost to stock before my next AutoX event which is on 10/8. Just got the tune put on this week due to the dreaded O2 CEL and getting horrible fuel mileage I got after installing my TBE. Crunch time. Would also be interested in...
  19. GTI_Speed

$160 Trackday at Beaverun, Beaver PA, October 2nd

We are pleased to announce registration is open for our first BeaveRun HPDE Lapping Day on Sunday October 2nd, 2011. Lappers will be split up into groups based on skill level. Three groups (A ,B and C) will do 20 minute lapping sessions. There will be 3 sessions an hour from 9am until 5pm...
  20. GTI_Speed

BSR Tuning PPC Kit

So about a year ago I purchased a BSR Tuning PPC System. They are a Swedish based company and I was attracted to their product because it came with the flash loader so you can load and unload your tune yourself. I race in STX for AutoX and you can't use a tune for it. I thought it was going to...