GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jayfore

"European Suspension" On My Fahrenheit GTI?

Hi All, This seems to be a tough keyword to search on because tons of generic hits come up. My 07 Fahrenheit GTI has 43k miles on it now and I want to prepare for when I need to replace my shocks. As many of you probably know, the Fahrenheit has a different suspension than the standard 07...
  2. Jayfore

Steering Suddenly Loose / Squishy

I have a 2007 Fahrenheit, stock, with less than 40k miles. I bought it new and baby it, meaning I really don't drive it hard at all. A few weeks ago I got a set of new tires put on (Conti DWS) and also had a rear bearing replaced. The weather here in MI has been BITTER cold, for the past...
  3. Jayfore

New Conti ExtremeContact DWS 18" NOISY

I posted to ask for tire recommendations (here) and the DWS seemed to get rave reviews. I balked at first because they were more expensive than the others I was considering, but since they seemed to be a clear favorite (and had high reviews on TireRack) I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I...
  4. Jayfore

Best "Upgraded OEM" Tires?

Hi all, I'm at about 30k miles now, on my Fahrenheit GTI, and need to start thinking about tires. Is there a sticky or something, that I'm not seeing, that talks about favorite tire choices for this car? I looked at the Tire Rack sticky, but nothing in there about favorite tires, that I saw...
  5. Jayfore

$400 for 20k mile service. Required for warranty?

I have an '07 Fahrenheit GTI and called to set up my appointment. Asked for the price and the guy told me $400 -- ouch! Asked what would be done, and he listed the various things from the manual. Seems like there are a lot of checks, some fluid top-offs, oil change, and a couple other items...
  6. Jayfore

Best way to change to yellow fog lamps on GTI MkV?

Hi all, I love the look and color of the xenon headlamps on my Fahrenheit GTI. The problem is that the fog lights are not xenon, so they have a different color to them. I figure the best way to get around this is to make the color purposely different, and convert over to yellow. Is this...