GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Would I be accepted as a MKV in a 07 A3?

Probably getting it tomorrow as it's my GTI in different clothes with all the bells and whistles. She loves it as do I. I'll be looking to mod it soon if it all works out. Deciding between Revo/apr/unitronic as most have gone through already. I had Revo in 06 and loved it, it's the cheapest...
  2. W

MKV vs MKVI

I heard someone refer to the MKVI as a "cheaper" MKV. Is there a consensus that the newer model isn't what the V was? I'm considering a 06 GLI and I can definitely say I have no interest in the new GLI, but kind of like the looks of the current GTI. The performance stats seem identical, so...
  3. W

Considering a new/used 3rd vehicle-has to be fun/manual/4dr

Ok, I have several I'm considering. The wife actually ok'd a 2dr, but it has to be a "muscle" car in that case. Cars I'm considering: 06-09 GLI/GTI, 04-07 Accord EX V6 6-speed sedan, 03-05 Mazda6 V6 5 speed, 2011/12 Mustang GT base, 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6 speed 4 cylinder, and possibly the...
  4. W

Thinking about getting another MKV GTI

Well, I had a brand new 06 two door 6M back in 06. I bought it without talking to the wife, she hated it, I got rid of it months later for a 06 Mazdaspeed6 that didn't even compare. It's been several years and many cars later and she's finally conceded to the idea of a GTI 4 door 6 speed...
  5. W

Sold my Mazdaspeed6

And bought my favorite redneck performance bargain, a 99 Trans Am six speed in pewter metallic with grey leather. It has 26,000 miles on it and is immaculate. I fly up to Hillsdale NJ to get it Sunday! I can't wait to start the naturally aspirated modification frenzy! I'll get it to the...
  6. W

K&N filter, clear turn signals

The filter was in car for 2 months, the turns one month. $25 each shipped inside continental US. Best way to contact me is email at redlinez281999@yahoo.com Lenses come with orange bulbs. Filter comes in OE box with sticker.
  7. W

Finally got pics of my new Speed6

After 3 weeks I finally had time and it wasn't cold outside. These aren't great, haven't been to impressed with our Casion 7.2mp p&s. I'll get some with the D70 soon. Had to take them at work yesterday, it's dark by the time I get home..... Sorry for the crappy background... It's a...
  8. W

Bought a 06 Mazdaspeed6 in white, traded the GTI today

Got tired of the other half hating the GTI and the hassle of getting my kids in and out. I bought the Mazdaspeed for less than a new 4 dr GTI and I really liked the looks much better. Good riding car, love the pearl white paint. Almost exactly the same as the GTI in a lot of ways: aluminum...
  9. W

Clear turns, k&n, possibly Hoen fogs

Traded the GTI. The turns were in for maybe a month, the K&N two or three months- still looks clean. It was worth 1mph at the track. If the Hoen fogs(xenon match) don't fit my Mazdaspeed6, they're for sale as well. Also have the full size "fast" doll NIB. Would rather a local or close sale...
  10. W

06 GTI 6M Raleigh/Cary NC area for sale

Looks like I'm tradin.
  11. W

Some serious pricks on clubsi.com...

I just read through a few threads on there and let me tell you, there are quite a few keyboard Rambos and absolute arrogant dicks over there. Wow. Some people just need to grow up.
  12. W

More new rattles and buzzes

Apparently, a stiff suspension and no resonator make these cars go nuts. I just found the buzzing noise from my center console. The shifter bezel goes nuts!! I think there is another buzz coming from the passenger door (TSB?). The driver seat is driving me crazy. Getting in and out it...
  13. W

2000 Sentra SE

On the cheaper side of things, I've always liked SR20 powered Nissans, especially the long gone and never forgotten B13 SE-R. Any opinions on this Sentra SE with the performance package? I've done some searches and it seems Jim Wolf and Stillen are the main players for aftermarket parts. SS...
  14. W

If you decided to trade your GTI.....

Just wondering.... If you decided to..... My parameters would be: run on regular fuel (my wife goes nuts about prem), sporty and fun (if possible), manual transmission, decent stereo, quality build. Price would have to be $18,000 or less. They're selling Mazda6's for $6000 off right now...
  15. W

Motor Trend's new car issue

I'm not a fan of theirs anymore, but in the Sept 06 issue they gave a brief rating of each car available. Very, very few recieved 5 stars. The Civic Si got 4.5. Would you believe they gave the GTI 5 stars!! Hmmmm, the Civic won Car of the Year and beat the GTI in their comparo. Oh well...
  16. W

My goodness the white GLI's are hot!

Saw one at our VW dealer a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped. If I could have afforded an extra 2 grand, I think I would have gone the GLI route. That car rivals BMW's and other nice mid size sedans IMHO. For whatever reason though, all the tests of that car show it to be considerably slower...
  17. W

Hot black wheel

May be a repost, but I didn't notice the black ASA wheel on tirerack last time. They have picked up 5 new wheels.
  18. W

Dash rattle part 1,298......

Well, I drove with the vent assembly removed and still heard the noise, which we've found others on the Tex have said to shove some rubber door stops/wood in there, so I expected no less. Well, I remembered someone saying the cd player rattles with cd's loaded. Unfortunately for me, I removed...
  19. W

First time at track :(

Well, my first time to the track finally happened. It wasn't prepped good except at the staging light. Every run it spun from 4000 on in 1st gear so I had to pedal it some. I ran a best of 14.63 @96.1 with a horrible 2.39 short time. This is my second time ever at the track in a FWD. I K@N...
  20. W

Hilarious vid

You gotta watch this dude dance. I thought it was nuts. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7846880085519204201&q=evolution+of+dance&pr=goog-sl&hl=en If it doesn't work, go to google videos and search "Evolution of dance"