GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

DSG won't shift past 4th!

I was driving down the road a few weeks ago in Auto mode, noticed the rev's were pretty high for the speed I was going (~60). Flipped over to manual mode and saw that I was only in 4th gear, when usually the car is in 6th. Thought a quick turn it off and let it sit overnight would "debug" it...
  2. J

R32 Climatronic control unit for sale

Clean Climatronic control unit: $50, free shipping. SOLD SOLD SOLD (Will also work in non-R32 applications if part number matches)
  3. J

R32 Climatronic control unit for sale

Clean Climatronic control unit: $50, free shipping. SOLD SOLD SOLD (Will also work in non-R32 applications if part number matches)
  4. J

Used F&R Hawk HP+ pads, camera mount

Picked up a 944 for track days, so my GTI is going street duty only. I've got the following goodies up for sale: Front and rear Hawk HP+ pads. Fronts $70, rears $50, Both - $100. Free shipping. Headrest camera mount, $25. Great for a Go-pro or other video camera! - SOLD!
  5. J

A cam follower and a micrometer (tale of the tape)

So I've been following the threads about worn cam followers, and was persuaded to change mine out at 32,000 miles. Some have argued that it really is unnecessary to change it, and that the followers that have failed were just a batch of bad followers that got into our engines. I had a...
  6. J

Just got my order from FLAT TireRack.com

Was installing my new Dunlop Wintersport 3D's and after getting the second wheel and tire on, lowered the car and the tire was completely flat! Raised the car up and starting filling the tire, and noticed it wouldn't hold a pressure above 20psi. Heard a hissing at the valve assembly and...
  7. J

R32 Style Tinted Tails by Darcness

Here are some pics: Left tail in the shade, right in direct sun. The marks you see are dirt - my tails were flawless when they arrived.
  8. J

Summer tires for a cooler weather track day?

This is my first summer with the Star Specs. I'm doing a HPDE day at Mid-Ohio in late October with BMW CCA. Anyhow, the average temp in Lexington is usually around 55 degrees for that time of year. Should I run my Star Specs, or go with an all-season? I don't have any other tires yet, but was...
  9. J

Which lowering springs with stock shocks?

I'm not very well versed on suspensions, but I know my car looks terrible at its current ride height. I want to lower it, but keep the attributes of the stock suspension - a good ride and pretty capable at the track. Only do two or three track days a year. I don't won't to spend a ton of money...