1. Mikes08GTI

FS: OEM Drivers Side Aspherical "Blind Spot" Side-View Mirror

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Thanks for looking:thumbsup:
  2. Mikes08GTI

FS: Smoked US GTI/Rabbit Tails

SOLD
  3. Mikes08GTI

BSH = Great

So, last weekend a bracket for my BSH 27mm swaybar broke. Hey, it happens... I call up BSH on Monday and told them what happened. I was asked to provide pictures, which I sent right away. Later that day, my new brackets were shipped to me. :thumbsup: to BSH for a smooth, no-hassle...
  4. Mikes08GTI

Hawk HPS for the REAR brakes on the track?

Question for you guys... Would Hawk HPS pads hold up on the rear brakes for a track day or two if I use a track pad on the front? The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to install HPS's all around in the Spring, but I want to swap out the front brakes for a track-oriented setup (pads &...
  5. Mikes08GTI

Farnbacher Loles is GONE!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/08/breaking-farnbacher-loles-principal-reportedly-embezzled-funds/ Loles allegedly embezzled money from his Church & F-L. FBI is investigating. :eyebulge:
  6. Mikes08GTI

FS: Drivers-Side Euro Projector Fog Light. Used. CHEAP!

Here is a used OEM Euro Projector Fog Light. It was slightly damaged in a collision with a suicidal cat a few months ago. I bought a new one for my car, but I repaired the broken tabs with 2-part epoxy. Glass is pitted from used (I am the 2nd owner), but no cracks at all. Use it for...
  7. Mikes08GTI

My HID Fog Light problems

So, I had bought a VVME HID kit to install in my OEM projector fog lights. Install went smoothly, but when I went to test it out, nothing happened. I reversed the connection between the car & the ballast, and tested again. The lights came on, but the drivers side one was flickering. Ok...I...
  8. Mikes08GTI

WTB: ONE (1) Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, 225-40-18

A piece of metal caught me on the Brucker Expressway in the Bronx this morning and put a gash in one of my tires and killed it. Anyone around here have a SINGLE Potenza RE-01R in 225-40-18? Used is fine, so long as it hasn't been plugged.
  9. Mikes08GTI

HID Fog Lights; 3000K or 4300K?

So, I'm thinking of upgrading my oem euro projector fogs from the Hoen Endurance halogen bulbs to HID's. As much as I like the Hoen's, I would like more light on the road. Which brings me to this... Should I but a 3000K kit to retain the yellow "bad weather" look, or should I go with a more...
  10. Mikes08GTI

Volkswagen-1, Cat-0

So, my Dad and I were driving back from our shop on Saturday. We worked on our widebody 911 project (link in sig) for half a day. Well, we were doing about 60 in the left lane of the Belt Parkway (NY locals know it), and everything was cool, until... Wham! Crack! Thump! Thump! me- WTF WAS...
  11. Mikes08GTI

Billysburg, BK

My friend Arthur and I went out last Saturday to the neighborhood of Williamsburg and took some pics. Not bad for a car that is 99% stock :laugh: The car is an '08 with a few cosmetic mods, and even fewer mechanical mods. Check our Arthur's other work at http://arthurl.zenfolio.com/
  12. Mikes08GTI

NASA @ Pocono N, 9/5/09...anyone going?

I'm registered for a HPDE with NASA on September 5 over at Pocono. Any other MkV-ers going? I know Pocono isn't the best track, but it looks like the only event I'll be able to get to before the end of the season. So...anyone going?
  13. Mikes08GTI

Euro Lip Installation Tips

Well, I installed my European Lip last night. Looks great and probably took me 40 minutes from start to finish. I thought I'd share a couple of tips with anyone thinking of installing one of these. 1) Assemble the lip BEFORE you install it. I put the center section on after I had installed...
  14. Mikes08GTI

HPDE's in the NE. What's Coming Up?

Well, I'm finally squared away and ready to hit the track after a too-long hiatus. I've been doing a load of research, but maybe you guys know what is coming up in terms of HPDE's in and around the Northeast?
  15. Mikes08GTI

My Hawk HP+ Brake Pad Review

So, Friday evening I took a trip over to Dan GSR's garage to finally install the Hawk HP+ Pads and put in some ATE Type 200 fluid. Well, these bad boys f'n STOP! I used to have Hawk HPS pads on my New Beetle with Boxster calipers, and these brakes easily out-stop the HPS/Boxster combo. It...
  16. Mikes08GTI

F/S: Torin 1.5 Ton Aluminum "Racing" Jack

Torin #T8150121 1.5 ton Aluminum Jack. 21 7/8" long x 3¼" tall (at the pad) x 9¾" wide, about 25lbs. I bought it a week ago. I wanted to carry it in my car 24/7, but it proved to be too heavy for that task. This jack is BRAND NEW. $100 takes it. I'm in Brooklyn, NY. Pick-Up ONLY...
  17. Mikes08GTI

Surf City Garage detailing products

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/ I just placed an order for a bunch of products from this company. I've heard some really good things about them, and I'm eager to try it out. In particular, I'm dying to try their "Beyond Clay", which is basically a liquid claybar-type product that applies with...