GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

PC Building

So picked up a Gigabyte B550i Aorus and AMD Ryzen 5600G. Computer is running great now. The APU has plenty of performance for me to stream 4k and multitask. Think I found out what my previous problem of random shutdowns were after removing the old CPU from the socket to take pictures to sell...
  2. G

PC Building

No I really don't have high data transfer tasks. You think I'm better off with a B550 board? The cheapest B550 mobo looks like the ASRock B550M for $128. Where as a Gigabyte X570 I is $210. If I go with the B550 I could be all in for $366. Add to that a $110 value in graphics ability and the...
  3. G

PC Building

Spinning things around a bit. I'm just going to put that $110 I would otherwise spend on a GPU to see if it fixes my problem and just get a new mobo and CPU. Thinking of going with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G and an X570 board. The two can be had for about $470. The 5600G has pretty much exactly the...
  4. G

PC Building

Ughhh yeah I may have to do that. My family member just loaned me the NVME SSD they used with this configuration previously. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on it and got it to crash similarly just panning around in Google Maps. I only have 2 fan pins on this mobo, one for CPU and one for...
  5. G

PC Building

No I don't have any discrete graphic card or know anyone who would. The family member I got the CPU, mobo, and RAM from used a discrete graphics card and never used the on board integrated intel graphics. If I hit go in Furmark I can get it to instantly crash.
  6. G

PC Building

Thanks for the help. I'll try disabling XMP. That would cause my memory to run at half the speed correct? I did do a mem test on it that took over and hour and everything was okay. CPU is running at 35, GPU at 40, VRAM at 28, and SSD at 46(no heatsink with mobo design). I am way over cooled...
  7. G

PC Building

Just built up my first computer as I am still working from home. I am having hard restart issues with no BSOD, Windows recovery, ect. It seems to revolve around heavy graphics usage which can be scrolling and panning around quickly in Google Earth, a video chat with many participants and sharing...
  8. G

Any cyclist on here

Ahhh another local guy nice. I'm mostly at Santiago Oaks, Whiting, El Moro, and Fullerton Loop. I ride mountain and some gravel now. Specialized fan boy.
  9. G

Any cyclist on here

How do you like your CG-R seatpost? My Diverge didn't come with one and I am always testing the limits of my gravel riding. The Future Shock in the stem is wonderful for small vibrations.
  10. G

Any cyclist on here

I'm spoiled and have a Specialized Diverge gravel bike and a Stumpjumper ST 29 Comp Carbon. Perfect mix to cover all the types of riding I do in SoCal.
  11. G

2020 GTI mk8

I personally feel like the design looks closer to the MKVI than the MKII. Not a bad looking car, just looks more like another half generation update. A bit "soft". Its a bit of a move from Apple, their phone designs and content have not changed much in the last 6 years and they have been losing...
  12. G

2020 GTI mk8

MK8 very mehhh. Kinda feels like when I had an iPhone 5 and every year the latest version didn't seem dramatically better to me to warrant upgrading. Since my MK6 Autobahn is paid off I guess I should invest in a few more reasonable mods now!
  13. G

No more Golf R's :(

Start saving RS6 Avant, It's coming to the states. https://www.motor1.com/news/366159/audi-rs6-avant-debuts-america/
  14. G

No more Golf R's :(

The Golf R color spektrum will only be available for 2019 model years in the US then. Wow pretty limit and special. If you got any unique color that is desirable that may be something special one day. Collector item? Maybe who knows but certainly if you choose a vehicle through that program...
  15. G

Mountain bike thread

1x11 will probably be in my future but right now GX is $600 and about $150 for a new wheel with the XD freehub. Right now I think I would rather slowly upgrade parts as they wear and just go 2x9 cheaply now.
  16. G

Mountain bike thread

Yeah Sram GX looks awesome. Still not sure I could give up the range I have now though. Just last week I rode 34 miles, from everything from steep technical climbs to road riding back home in top gear. I need to start consciously riding my granny in that 22x32 position to simulate what a 30x42...
  17. G

Mountain bike thread

Really jealous of those awesome pictures of the trails there. That's coming for a SoCal rider too. Thanks for posting. I'm really debating changing my stumpy fsr 29er 3x9 to 2x9. 1X is very appealing but I think I would just give up too much of a granny and top gear to do that. I may just keep...
  18. G

Mountain bike thread

I went tubeless with Stan's when I first got my bike. I'll never do it again P.I.T.A. You inevitably will burp the tire on the trail and your bike pump will not get the rim to seal again so you just throw a spare tube in there and keep rolling. After getting home you think nothing of it and...
  19. G

Mountain bike thread

Southern California to Colorado might be a little harder.
  20. G

Mountain bike thread

The only other place in the country I would consider moving to. ^