GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sticker a sticker without…sticking

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
So I started a new job recently and it comes with perks. One of them includes a, let’s call it a get out of jail free sticker. Problem is I don’t want to put it on my window as I don’t like stickers on my car.

Now I know most people will say just put it on there. I would like to make that a last resort if I can.

My question is anyone have any ideas on how to apply this so I can pull it off on the weekends and such? It’s weird I know.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So I started a new job recently and it comes with perks. One of them includes a, let’s call it a get out of jail free sticker. Problem is I don’t want to put it on my window as I don’t like stickers on my car.

Now I know most people will say just put it on there. I would like to make that a last resort if I can.

My question is anyone have any ideas on how to apply this so I can pull it off on the weekends and such? It’s weird I know.
Just get some of these. I put my registration, car wash and any other stickers with it. Mainly cause my windshield is tinted. They are pretty easy to get off.

https://stickershield.com/

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Just get some of these. I put my registration, car wash and any other stickers with it. Mainly cause my windshield is tinted. They are pretty easy to get off.

https://stickershield.com/
Ok. First off, these are really cool. I’m saving this.

This sticker is an…outside…sticker. Adhesive backed so the important side is out. Do you think they will work in this instance?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ok. First off, these are really cool. I’m saving this.

This sticker is an…outside…sticker. Adhesive backed so the important side is out. Do you think they will work in this instance?
No. It's an inside sticker. So you stick the front of the sticker to the shield. Then the shield is what goes on the inside of your windshield.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Get a hot laminator pouch place, sticker inside & laminate it........leave a big area around the sticker so you can punch holes in the clear pouch sections to then thread cord through & tie the item to whatever.

I have a sticker that I did the same to....didn't bother punching holes in it......just place the sticker on the dash when I need to make the sticker visible for the car parks...

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Back in the days when CDs were a thing I would use an empty jewel case to put my stickers on. Then you just put it on the dash as necessary.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Get out of jail sticker confirmed

1653057159990.png

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
My vote is to somehow secure it to your sun visor and flip it up when u want to use it.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
StickerShield looks like the same clear cling sheet that came with my dashcam. It doesn't care which side of the glass it gets attached to as long as the glass is clean. Stick your sticker to it, and run the sticker when you want. Keep the backing paper in a ziplock bag and now you have a storage pouch for weekends sticker free.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
StickerShield looks like the same clear cling sheet that came with my dashcam. It doesn't care which side of the glass it gets attached to as long as the glass is clean. Stick your sticker to it, and run the sticker when you want. Keep the backing paper in a ziplock bag and now you have a storage pouch for weekends sticker free.
I just ordered some. I’m going to test run with a replaceable sticker and see how it holds up on the exterior. Thanks for the suggestion about storing the backing, I hadn’t thought of that.