GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
This is making some reaching assumptions. A stripper doesn't necessarily need to be loose as well. They could just be doing it to get through school or something, not because they are a nympho. I think if you replace "stripper" with "man or woman of the night," then sure.

I realize this doesn't add anything useful, but I just wanted to keep the off-topic-ness going strong in here.
I mean why stop there? The possibilities are limitless. They could be fundraising to open an orphanage in Uzbekistan.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie

Attachments

• stripper-pole.gif
    stripper-pole.gif
    962.1 KB · Views: 80

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Disappointed that the APR turbo can not be paired with HPFP & LPFP or MPI with the GTI…. Only for R….
We can always explore this in the future. Based on sales it seems the GTI platform is far more popular than the R platform. I'm not so sure I expected that. The big problem will be passing emissions though. It's tight on the GTI.

I'm guessing the upgrade would be MPI + HPFP + LPFP. That's a bunch of cash. How much more power would people need to see to justify it?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
We can always explore this in the future. Based on sales it seems the GTI platform is far more popular than the R platform. I'm not so sure I expected that. The big problem will be passing emissions though. It's tight on the GTI.

I'm guessing the upgrade would be MPI + HPFP + LPFP. That's a bunch of cash. How much more power would people need to see to justify it?
I'm not surprised that GTI > R for sales. R already comes with an IS38, logical upgrade would be a hybrid if you really want more power for money. Also i'm sure many more people own a GTI vs the $16,000 more expensive GTI with AWD :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
also there are only about 1 golf r per gti sold

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie

Right now for $1500 you can buy stage 3 + MPI and LPFP if that would put us around 450 horse power with the DTR6054 and stock downpipe that would be awesome.
https://www.goapr.com/products/engine_hardware/fuel/fueling_systems/parts/MS100111

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
I'm not surprised that GTI > R for sales. R already comes with an IS38, logical upgrade would be a hybrid if you really want more power for money. Also i'm sure many more people own a GTI vs the $16,000 more expensive GTI with AWD :ROFLMAO:
Also, speaking as an R owner, the hybrid IS38 turbo, whether it be a vortex or whatever, has been tried and proven over the last few years. So naturally, someone with a R will know what to expect when they get one. The DTR is still a brand new contender with very little first hand customer data. So naturally people with IS38's such as myself, are a little skeptical if it really is an improvement or not, and by how much. That's why I really want to get some track and dyno data out of my setup to try and answer those questions for the other R owners out there.

On the other hand, if you have a GTI with a IS20, the DTR will hands down be an improvement, and for 1500$, it costs about the same as an IS38, plus the tune is included, and you don't even need a downpipe for it... naturally just makes sense to go with the DTR.