GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Bumper trim comes out easily. One screw, two clips on top, two or three internal clips.
Discovered my left one that's never been hit has a crack (what gives). Gluing that now before putting fogs back in.
20210717_130227.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I tore through the rest of the tread on my tires.

Took a course teaching racing fundamentals. Its a former IMSA racer that built a track in Austin. Some classroom and lots of seat time (went through 3/4 tank of gas). But learned a ton of stuff I had no idea about. Strongly recommend a driving course for anyone. Didn't take any pics unfortunately.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I tore through the rest of the tread on my tires.

Took a course teaching racing fundamentals. Its a former IMSA racer that built a track in Austin. Some classroom and lots of seat time (went through 3/4 tank of gas). But learned a ton of stuff I had no idea about. Strongly recommend a driving course for anyone. Didn't take any pics unfortunately.
Link?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Ohh, so clips onto soft surround ? Is there no plastic battery box for mk7's ?
Apparently to get it to clip on you have to remove the soft surrounding material. I opted to just sit my battery cover on top and tuck the soft material underneath. Driven about 1k miles on it so far and it hasn't moved at all, so for me that's been sufficient.

IMG_1238.jpeg

JSil13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Ohh, so clips onto soft surround ? Is there no plastic battery box for mk7's ?

Yeah. I took the felt cover off. I couldn't get it to clip onto the battery with it on. Might end up cutting it to make it fit, but I'm ok with how it is now and if I want to put it back on I can.

I have seen people mod the mk6 battery box to fit, but the only other boxes I've seen are aluminum or carbon fiber and expensive.