GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i think the reason the US sees more cases is due to the fact that we are a country comprised entirely of immigrants and travelers. No other part of the world except maybe somewhere in Europe runs that way.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
i think the reason the US sees more cases is due to the fact that we are a country comprised entirely of immigrants and travelers. No other part of the world except maybe somewhere in Europe runs that way.

Except almost all of Europe, that also has higher population density, so I think that's unlikely the cause for the US.

The main reason is Italy has tested 3400 vs 313 for the US for every 1 million population. If you don't know who is infected and where the hot spots are emerging, you can't contain it.

Our numbers are going to be bigger than Italy due to us being 5 times larger and our piss poor response and testing.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
good points.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Well at least, luckily we were able to close on our house this weekend and now that im still at home i got plenty to work on when i got nothing work related to do!

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Except almost all of Europe, that also has higher population density, so I think that's unlikely the cause for the US.

The main reason is Italy has tested 3400 vs 313 for the US for every 1 million population. If you don't know who is infected and where the hot spots are emerging, you can't contain it.

Our numbers are going to be bigger than Italy due to us being 5 times larger and our piss poor response and testing.

We have a rather disjointed response.

If I understand correctly, the CDC largely just issues guidelines, it's up to the states and then counties to interpret and implement then.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The best predictor of where we are in all this madness is looking at the shape of the curve. We're in a steep exponential growth curve. We'll know if our measures are doing anything in the next week or so, but I'm thinking that curve is going to keep accelerating because our testing rates have been so low. Worse, rural areas are taking little to no action and will likely create a second wave of infections in the fall.

This is far from over. All that freedom, like packed prisons and detention centers and everyone else feeling like they can do whatever they want, see these mega churches still meeting, is going to bite us in the ass.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it seems unavoidable that everyone will simply catch it to some extent,

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I learned yesterday our service managers wife is currently treating 4 patients with it. It's going to be bad if he ends up getting it...it'd probably kill him. He's a long time smoker with a terrible smokers cough.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Hopefully this will make someone smile. This is my April fools joke, but no office to use it in. Yes it's a sticker.
20200401_095622.jpg

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The best predictor of where we are in all this madness is looking at the shape of the curve. We're in a steep exponential growth curve. We'll know if our measures are doing anything in the next week or so, but I'm thinking that curve is going to keep accelerating because our testing rates have been so low. Worse, rural areas are taking little to no action and will likely create a second wave of infections in the fall.

This is far from over. All that freedom, like packed prisons and detention centers and everyone else feeling like they can do whatever they want, see these mega churches still meeting, is going to bite us in the ass.
^ we see a lot of US news of course. The response seems so much more disjointed there., for obvious reasons. And around 10x our population..that much more of a challenge.

Our health ministers are now saying measures may tighten with further lockdown orders. And that we shouldn’t expect measures to loosen until July at the earliest.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Where the hell is India for all of this? How do they have 4 times the population, way more density, and yet only 1,600 confirmed sick?

Also, the number of deaths in the US yesterday is kinda freaky. It's taken us a little over a month to get to 3k deaths. From yesterday til today we went from 3k to 4k.