GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Yega

1. Y

Wheel advice - do these look good?

Do you guys think these would look good on my MkV? I really like the look of them but not sure if they would go with the colour of the car - Graphite Blue. Attached are the wheels and the colour of the car. And here is my car:
  2. Y

Diesel engine noise

Not that many of you have a TDi on here but has anyone tried to do anything to a diesel engine to give it a "beefier" noise? I know it might a silly question because I guess all diesels sound quite similar but I was curious if anyone has tried it.
  3. Y

Can someone please clarify?

First of all I apologize for starting what to some might seem a silly and pointless thread but I just need to get this clear in my head. I've been reading the forums and trying to find out information about the "world of suspension" and just need someone to clarify what the following do: -...
  4. Y

GTI or R32?

Just wanted to know which one you guys would choose if you were to buy one - MK5 GTI or MK5 R32? Explanation behind your choice would be great :-) **Sorry if a similar topic already exists**
  5. Y

Electric window going down instead of up

Not sure if anyone here has this problem but in my TDI Mk5, when I park and still have the engine running and the window is open I pull the switch up to shut it, the window will go up 2mm and then roll down and stop about 10cm from the bottom. If I then try to pull it up the "one click way"...
  6. Y

Part number/name

I didnt know where I should post this so just sticking it here - please move as appropriate. In my trunk (boot) I am missing one of the knobs that the string from the lid attaches to - the part that covers up the trunk and is pulled up and down as the trunk is opened and closed. The 2 strings...
  7. Y

Pioneer sub rattle problem

I've got a pair of Pioneer TS-W308D2's running with a JBL GTO 7001e Amp for around 2 months now and to start with everything was fine. From about 2-3 weeks ago however there has been a weird rattle coming from within the box (I know this because I put my ear to it and even at low volumes, such...
  8. Y

Bits falling off due to bass

Just wanted to check with you guys if there are any particular parts of the car (especially towards the trunk end) that I need to look out for coming loose or falling off now that I have a set of 12" subs in the back? I'm aware of the licence plate being the main problem but not sure if you...
  9. Y

Custom sound system advice

First of all I'd like to say hello to you all (I just joined :-D). Secondly, I am after some advice. I've recently decided to upgrade the stock sound system (if you can call it that) on my MkV Golf (54 reg). Below is the kit I'm looking at. What I'd like to know is if it'll work when it comes...