GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Wrath627

1. W

VAGCOM - Yorba Linda/Anaheim

Pretty sure I've got another issue with my coil packs. Got cyl#1 fixed a few months ago just before the warranty ran out. Now im 56k+ so I want to try and take care of myself and I'm a first timer trying to save as much $$ as possible since I just got engaged. My car's in the driveway in...
  2. W

Wet Sanding

I've for some major etching in the clear coat from a combo of my crappy apartment complex, camping trips and neglecting to wash in a timely manner, water spots, etc... Does anyone have any experience in wet sanding their GTI at a shop? How much does it run? Recommendations on a paint shop...
  3. W

FS: BSH Race Intake

Like the title says, BHS race intake for sale (TSI). SOLD I bought this off of another forum member a few weeks ago, but after taking my car into service @ Canyon Racer Motorsport and talking to Mike, I've decided to go another direction and just start working on suspension components...
  4. W

Help with 40k Service in OC

In hopes of saving a chunk of change, I've opted to buy the 40k service kit from ECStuning. Now, I'm in need of a shop that will do the service for me OR someone local that wants to make a few extra bucks. Any suggestions or takers? I'd do it myself but I dont have the tools.
  5. W

Strange Noise @ Engine Off

So, every once in a blue moon my car does this weird thing when I turn the engine off. It makes this "thud-thud-thud-thud-thud..." noise. It only lasta few seconds, I'd say ~-5 seconds and doesn't do it consistently at all, which is why I'm not able to put up a video or a sound bite. The...
  6. W

delete

delete please
  7. W

WTB- TSI TBE

Looking for a TBE for my 09' TSI GTI. I'd perfer to buy from a local seller, but I'm willing to drive a bit if necessary. Lets see what everyone has!
  8. W

Need a Socal Recommendation - Paint chip

Friend decided it would be a good idea to shoot beer bottles posted directly across the street while my car was in the driveway. Needless to say, a BB ricocheted and I have a perfect BB size paint chip on my 6-month old GTI. Anyone recommend someone to get it fixed? How much you think It'll...
  9. W

Hatch rubbing bottom-right corner

:mad: So, I just took notice that my hatch appears misaligned. The gap between the hatch door, itself and the right side of the frame is significantly less than on the left side, causing the Bottom-Right corner of the hatch door to rub against the inner frame of the car. The paint's rubbing...
  10. W

Wheels in Transporter 3

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried searching but I'm not perfect :biggrin: Does anyone know what kind of wheels are on the Audi A8 in Transporter 3? I was just skimming channels and saw it at a glance - they look nice on that black A8 :thumbsup: If they're Audi wheels, anybody know how much...
  11. W

Carlos Sainz crashes VW, giving up potential win in Dakar Rally

saw this and though I'd share: "Carlos Sainz, Dakar 2009 race leader, crashed out of the rally on Stage 12 when his Volkswagen tumbled into a ravine, robbing the double World Rally champion of a likely victory." Read the whole story here (click)
  12. W

TSI Short Shifter Install

Any TSI owners able to shed some light on a short shifter install? Is the different linkage required in our cars? Ive got all the FSI information, thanks to other people on the board, but I'd like some input from a TSI owner. Im trying to install an ECS Tuning SS, but any info from other...
  13. W

ECS Tuning Adj Short Shifter

So, I received the ECS Tuning Adjustable short shifter as a gift and looks like the website shows parts only for the FSI. I have an 09' TSI. Is this still compatible? Does anyone have a DIY for this install? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers
  14. W

Wanted PIX: Dusted Black Omanyt Wheels

Wondering if anyone has dusted their R32 wheels (Omanyt Wheel) different colors: black, bronze etc... I just got my bro-in-laws omanyts on my 09 GTI and I'm going to be getting some road rash repaired. I figured if I'm getting them fixed I might as well powdercoat them, too all at the same...
  15. W

Chip friendly dealerships in SoCal?

Im getting chipped once i get back from vacation after christmas and I wanted to know where the chip friendly dealerships were? Im going Stage I APR, and I dont think its worth it to get the stock option quite at that level, especially with better fuel efficiency outside of "sprited" driving...