GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by white4dr

1. W

Length of flex pipe in APR downpipe?

Tried contacting APR but I guess they only respond when people are buying something.... Does anyone know the length of the flex pipe for the APR downpipe? It is leaking badly and I want to order a replacement online and get it welded in. Thanks!
  2. W

Boston Area- Recommend a shop for a pre sale inspection

Hello. I'm looking for a quality shop in the Boston area that can do a detailed pre sale inspection on a R32 my brother is looking at. I want someone who knows these cars. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
  3. W

Can anyone run a CarFax?

Does anyone have an unlimited account and could run me a report? Thanks so much. VIN- WBSBR93402EX24691
  4. W

Good euro shop in Charlotte, NC?

Hello, I am looking at a E46 M3 in Charlotte. Before I fly down and I buy it I want a professional to inspect it. What are some good shops in the area that would know what to look for on these cars? I'm sure the local BMW dealer will do, but i'm also sure they will charge an insane amount. Thanks.
  5. W

FS: OEM MAF Sensor

For sale is an OEM MAF sensor with 30,000 miles in perfect condition. ECS sells these for $267. I'm asking $125 plus shipping
  6. W

FS: OEM Ipod Dock

For sale is an OEM Ipod dock. This piece fits in the center council under the arm rest. It plugs into the external CD changer cable located under the arm rest tray. It charges an ipod and allows for ipod control from the head unit/steering wheel. I'm asking $50 plus shipping
  7. W

FS: Votex Tail Lights

For sale is a set of Votex Tail Lights. Compared to stock these tail lights are smoked and have an LED on the outer side of the larger tail light. They are in mint condition. These are completely plug and play and include bulbs already installed. They have been discontinued by VW and can no...
  8. W

FS: GTI Milltek Non-resonated Cat-Back

For sale is a Milltek Catback for the MKV GTI. In my opinion this is the best sounding exhaust for the mkv. It is quiet and restrained when cruising with no drone but roars when you want it to. The tone is very refined with no rasp, I can't tell you the number of compliments I have received on...
  9. W

WTB- Roof Rack

I'm looking for a roof rack with a ski attachment....
  10. W

MK6 Hack allows ESP fully off. Does it work on 09 MKV's?

The Vortex guys found the Vag-com codes that needed to be altered on the Golf R and MK6 GTI to fully disable the ESP. APR compiled a script to edit the code. http://www.goapr.com/support/esp-defeat.html Someone with vag-com and a 09 mkv please try this!
  11. W

2004.5 GLI BMP 6 Speed Clean

I'm posting the for sale thread to my buddies GLI. Its the cleanest mk4 gli i've ever seen. Please contact him on Vortex or email him at mahoneybags21@aol.com Link to original thread- http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5853843-BMP-2004.5-GLI-6speed
  12. W

Do the votex side skirts sit lower?

I tried searching and can't find a definitive answer to this. I ordered a votex lip and originally planned on painting the stock lowers. I know the lip is 3/4 inch lower than stock. Does anyone know if the votex side skirts sit lower than the OEM? For those of you who have seen both in person...
  13. W

Car rotates under emergency braking

So driving back from a friends house I went over a blind hill and had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a deer. The abs kicked in and my car spun out. There was an abs, esp, and a flashing brake light on the dash. All lights are cleared by restarting the car. I tested the brakes in a...
  14. W

H&R 8mm spacers with Huffs?

Has anyone ran H&R 8mm spacers with huffs? They are advertised as being hub-centric but I heard that depending on the wheel, the lip of the spacer doesn't align properly with the hub. Anyone know if they work properly with huffs?
  15. W

FS: 2009 GLI APR Stg 2

Up for sale is a friend’s 2009 GLI DSG. It has 31k miles with all service records aswell as all scheduled maintenance completed. The oil has been changed every 5k miles with Castrol Syntec 5w-40. The engine is extremely strong; it burns no oil and proper warm up/cool downs were always done to...