GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Shifty

1. Shifty

You guys might wanna see this paint job. ;)

Long time no post I know. Unfortunately since losing my MkV I have been trying to stay away. It's hard to swallow not owning a MkV anymore, and coming back here just makes it worse. Anyway, I'm painting a GTI today that I thought you all might be interested to see! It's a brushed aluminum...
  2. Shifty

CFLMKV car in Oklahoma City?

I was at the airshow today in OKC and spotted a BMP 4-door GTI with tinted tails and a CFLMKV.COM decal! I didn't have a card to leave. :frown: Anyone know who that is?
  3. Shifty

"Shifty'd" Huffs!! :D

Thought you guys might like these, painted them today... For this car... Yes/no?
  4. Shifty

...vs Cobalt SS S/C

On the way to work last week I met up with this canary yellow SS/SC. Big "Generic Performance Shop" decal in the back window, and some ungodly-loud exhaust. I passed him and he kinda flew by me so I gave chase. He slowed down to about 60, we got side-by-side and off we went! The first run he...
  5. Shifty

Would you do this trade?

I'm debating swapping wheels with this car: Here's a pic of them on my GTI with the smaller tires... And the huffs on the MkIV for kicks (they'll be painted black/red/gray)... These are 18x8.5 Sterns. Straight across trade, I'd swap my Continentals onto them. I think they're good for...
  6. Shifty

Unitronic + MkV = :)

Well it's done. I'm chipped. Thomas from DFWCarHaus came up to OKC last weekend and flashed a few local cars, and although we had an issue getting it flashed the first time, he came back today and got mine going! I was immediately surprised at the difference, especially after a 20-mile highway...
  7. Shifty

Trying... to be... patient...

Well Thomas from DFW CarHaus came up to OKC today and flashed a bunch of WetDub cars with Unitronic software. The plan was to chip three 1.8T's, VW_Tayder's 2.5 Rabbit, and my 2.0T. Unfortunately ours were the first MkV's Thomas had attempted to flash and there were come technical issues. He...
  8. Shifty

Whoring the painted center stack...

I had a couple people ask for more pics of this in another thread, so I thought I'd post em up here for everyone to see. I was trying to spark the interior a little and bring the exterior scheme inside... I'm not too crazy about the curves in the middle (they were supposed to mimic the...
  9. Shifty

Feeler: 06 GTI 6-spd, custom paint, etc.

BACK UP AND OFFICIALLY FOR SALE AS OF 11/23 This is titled as a feeler, but if someone waned to buy the GTI today they could. We're not flat broke but when the car costs as much as the baby a month... well let's just say it's money in the bank we could really use right now. I have my eye on a...
  10. Shifty

Best "Shifty mod" yet!

Love it or hate it, you'll never see another one like it! Hell, who else but Tayder could pull this off?! :laugh: PS- I think it's great. :)
  11. Shifty

Professional shots of my GTI on track!

A little out of focus, but one of my favs... Just thought I'd share, I was excited to get the CD in the mail today - the wife surprised me and ordered it! :thumbup:
  12. Shifty

Finally got the MkV on a closed circuit!

I was lucky enough to attend the National R32 GTG in Tulsa last week (since it was right up the road from me), and to my surprise I was invited out to Hallett to run with them! I was VERY happy with the GTI on course, it felt like it was designed for the track... just needs a little more...
  13. Shifty

Vs. C5 Z06

HA! Last night the wife and I were sitting at a stop light and this black Z06 pulls up next to us. Black wheels, huge drilled rotors, big tach on the dash... sounded the part too! Very cool. So I said to the Mrs. "watch this!" and I gave him a little rev. The light turned, I jumped into the...
  14. Shifty

FS: 2 sets tinted Rabbit/GTI tails: You pick the shade!

I am finally caught up on orders for the GTI tails and for the first time this year I have two sets on the shelf! I am ready to spray a batch of MkV Jetta tails and Rabbit tails, and if you order before Friday I can spray them exactly how you want them. :thumbsup: Here are some examples of...
  15. Shifty

Just wanted to say Thanks to you guys

I know it seems like I've been a troll lately, but I have been reading I promise! Just haven't been posting much for two reasons: one, the birth of our bouncing baby boy, and two, BUSINESS IS BOOMING! Both very cool! :thumbup: Anyway I just wanted to let you all know the Mrs. and I appreciate...