GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MYGTIMKV

1. M

MYGTIMKV: Total Loss or Save? PHOTOS

2009 GTI, stock TSI doesn't burn a drop of oil! 119,214 hwy miles. Insurance will give me 10,600 for it and if I want to buy it back it will cost me $1800...is this car worth fixing? Sorry if I screw up photos
  2. M

Total Loss: RIP MYGTIMKV...anythoughts?

update 1-14-14sorry for all the confusion below regarding insurance...they are willing to offer $10600 sales tax included, minus $500 deductible...I can buy back my car for $1800...please comment...should I accept offer, should I buy and part it? Hello who care, Tomorrow marks one week since...
  3. M

MFD mpg drop in colder temps: What needs fixin?

Hello Community... My Stage 0 Wolfsburg Ed with extra forged piston GTI has 117K on the clock. I know my mpg in terms of MDF and filling up method...usually the MDF is generous by about 2mpg... So lately, I have noticed a much bigger drop in MDF mpg and fillup calc. since the cold temp here...
  4. M

Why are there not more VW recalls?

Hello All, If Toyota and Honda are the pinnacle of reliability...why does is seem they have more recalls (airbag in the news) than VW? Maybe I am wrong...perhaps forums can give a skewd impression on the number of issues with the GTI and the triggering of a recall. The GTI/TSI is below...
  5. M

Mix, random, shuffle cd tracks on Premium 7

Hello, I know my head unit once allowed me to plays CD tracks randomly, but now I can not get to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I checked the owners manual and followed the directions, but doesn't seem to change anything...always plays 1,2,3 etc. thanks
  6. M

If you had to buy a new small car...but not VW

Hello All, I have been toying with the idea of what car could be a (somewhat comparable) replacement for my GTI in terms of hatchbackfun, practicality, and better mpg (>30) as a supercommuting daily driver. I know the obvious; mini, MS3 and Si...but what about Veloster or something crazy like...
  7. M

ECS VW OEM Red Coil pack: Validation

Hello, My research into coil packs suggests that getting the latest revision is important. I usually will only order OEM parts and ECS offers the "red" top coil pack that claims to be OEM for VW. Can someone please confirm that these are just as good as the lastest black top revision? Or let...
  8. M

Reliability Report Update: 93K TSI $hit the bed

Hello All, I am disgusted, in Dec. 2012 I had my intake manifold replace for the second time in 3.5 years with no help from Volkswagen. This morning on my way to work I get the flashing engine light, P304 cyl. 4 misfire code...towed to dealership. Dealership says fuel injector bad...now off...
  9. M

How much lower than stock to notice a difference

After a few searches, it appears that there is a myriad of choices in spring/struts (coilovers)...I would like to replace my stock 09 setup, but don't want to go too low...may 1 inch max Would .5inch in back and .75inch be noticable? I never install adjustable perches before...do all kits allow...
  10. M

VW Toolbox: Starter Set

Hello Boys and Girls, As my car ages (90K) I will need to become better prepared to work on her myself. I have all the regular metric/SAE sockets, wrenches, etc., but what I don't have are those annoyingly "VW/German specific tools" (like a triple square, is that like a torx wrench?)...
  11. M

What exactly happens when battery is disconnected?

ALERT: I have read the threads What are the potential consequences of disconnecting the battery. I have researched and found a mix of answers...car will need to relearn some things like fuel maps which could trigger some faults, etc. and no I don't believe my car will blow up. 1.) my 09 TSI...
  12. M

Angry local VW/Foreign car repair shop

Hello, Why do dealerships and repair shops get so angry when you mention what you think the issue is with your car? In short, I called a Pt. Pleasant, NJ VW/foreign car repair shop and the guy says two funny things: "Your car is too new, intake manifold is not broken" and "Did you learn that...
  13. M

P2015 need 3rd Intake Manifold in 3 years

Hello All, I called VWoA, no help because my 2009 TSI has 84,XXX miles I have the (G) version of intake manifold which was replaced @ 28,XXX miles. I have MIL on and code P2015. Ross-Tech make suggestions for this code/possible causes. 1. Is it possible software update (reflash) would fix...
  14. M

P2015 Manifold Malfunction AGAIN!; 2009 TSI

Hello Boys and Girls, @ ~28K MIL comes on, I had my intake manifold replaced/"flapper motor" replaced under warranty Now @ ~83K MIL comes on; I scan myself with actron scanner (fancy huh) and I get one code P2015 manifold malfunction...car is running okay, slight stumble at idle I research...
  15. M

Vag-com and MKV Map: I want to mod!

Hello Guys, I can not seem to get the MKV map to work (I can't see it). So how can I find someone close and willing to help me mod my GTI? Living at the NJ shore is great for chipping cars if I owned an I.R.O.C and it was 1987...I live in a black whole...dealerships are lame and specialty...