GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mr. Marc

1. Mr. Marc

2.0T FSI Timing Belt - Time to Replace

In San Diego, do I have to spend $1K for this project? I am at 90K miles and need to take action. I have asked a few places, and this seems to be the price. It is a big job, but maybe someone has perfected it and I can get done cheaper? Thanks for any shop referrals.
  2. Mr. Marc

MK5 Downpipe Install - help wanted

Any mechanics in San Diego that can help me install my catted (highflow) downpipe? Would like to take it to the track one more time. Thanks for the PM.
  3. Mr. Marc

SoCal - OMG can't pass SMOG visual

URGENT! I have not touched this 2007 GTI in over 4 years, but now it won't pass visual inspection. Need help (or suggestions) in Carlsbad area. Have the old parts, but not the knowledge any longer. 1.) AEM CAI is the problem. 2.) BSH catch can is problem. Thanks for suggestions on visual...
  4. Mr. Marc

failed CA smog on BB cat downpipe

I really didn't expect this for 40K, 2007 GTI Stage 2+ APR. It is running great, but CA failed smog today (its first smog test ever). The smog tech asked if I had it chipped (yes - APR). He said those tuning specs can fry the cat converter. Maybe? I am wondering if I should replace the Billy...
  5. Mr. Marc

SoCal Sirius Radio $80 local

I just removed my working factory Sirius radio receiver for 2007 GTI. No worries, be happy.
  6. Mr. Marc

FS: OEM Front Bra for GTI

FS: $125 (OBO) OEM Front Bra for GTI Excellent condition. Looking for best offer around $125 (shipped). Had it mounted on 2007 GTI for 4 months.
  7. Mr. Marc

(RARE) Cupra front spoiler - $125 SoCal sale

(RARE) Cupra front spoiler - PRICE DROP SoCal sale PRICE DROP to $100 for local sale. Doought! It doesn't fit North American MK5 GTI!!! Shown in forum mounted nicely on EU MK5 (assumed it was GTI). Front tabs already cut and ready to mount on Rabbit or MK4. Hard to find in USA. I had to...
  8. Mr. Marc

SoCal show off ...

Weird request here. My 16 and 13 yr old nephews are coming to San Diego to visit their "fun" Uncle. They are both car crazy and I want to take them to some sort of GTG or maybe cruise a "hot spot". Doesn't have to be only VW. They arrive Friday, July 30 for 4 nights. Any suggestions would be...
  9. Mr. Marc

SoCal show off ...

Weird request here. My 16 and 13 yr old nephews are coming to San Diego to visit their "fun" Uncle. They are both car crazy and I want to take them to some sort of GTG or maybe cruise a "hot spot". Doesn't have to be only VW. They arrive Friday, July 30 for 4 nights. Any suggestions would be...
  10. Mr. Marc

Events, GTG or SoCal options ...

11. Mr. Marc

HOT Cherry Pie! Almost there ...

Do you like the Seat Cupra matte stripe??? I'm getting a lot of rave reviews. http://www.matteblackwraps.net/gallery.html
  12. Mr. Marc

HELP! Tire advice needed.

I don't get around much to compare mods, but do keep an eye on this forum for ideas. I am installing a Koni/Eibach config on my 2007 MK5. I have new 18" wheels (not telling you yet) and need help on the tire decision. I might do a little autocross at Qualcomm and am about to purchase the Falken...
  13. Mr. Marc

Is this a known DSG problem??

I have a "new to me" 2007 GTI (DSG transmission) with 13K miles. I have noticed problems with "response" when moving slowly from PARK either forward or backward. The engine revs, but the car does not immediately respond and move. I don't think this is any kind of turbo issue because on the ultra...
  14. Mr. Marc

WTB: Need XM receiver ASAP

I want to swap out my GTI 2007 SIRIUS receiver. A trade is preferred.
  15. Mr. Marc

RARE - BLACK Limited Edition JL 500/1 v2 Amp (NEW) $400 OBO

ONLY THE BEST!!! Never opened, never mounted. Decided it's too much for my final system design. Please only good offers. Don't low ball, OK?:thumbsup: