GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mouch

1. mouch

Middle East Cam Follower and Cam Shaft Issue

Hi all! Have any of you MkV GTI had cam shaft/cam follower/fuel pump issues? I started hearing a whine in my engine (2007 Golf GTI Canadian Spec), and the dealer says it's the camshaft that needs changing, along with the High Pressure Fuel Pump. It's going to cost 1500$-2000$ to fix! In North...
  2. mouch

My vandalised GTI

:mad: Some arsehole vandalised my GTI on saturday. The police got him. He was actually drinking in the same bar as I was, and on his way out, it was the only car on the block on this side of the street, and he went at it! :mad: 3 tires down, rear lights broken, front lights scratched, every...
  3. mouch

Tire Pressure Help!

Hi all. My Candy White GTI with 18 in hufs doesn't tell me the pressure I should pump my tires to. I only have the data for the 17" rims on my door-jamb - so I don't know what pressure to pump my tires to. And I'm about to go on a 600km drive! Can anyone tell me the pressure for the stock...
  4. mouch

Rate your dealer experience - SALES AND SERVICE

Hi all! Got my car two days ago, and I thought it would be great to have a Canada-specific description of our dealership experiences as far as sales and servicing the car is concerned - I know there's one for the site in general, but it's quite US oriented... I got mine from Popular in...
  5. mouch

IS PRE-DELIVERY MILEAGE A PROBLEM?

Hi everyone! I placed my order for my United Grey GTI yesterday. :biggrin: But the dealer is very reluctant to assure me that I'll get a car that hasn't been used for test drives. I don't really subscribe to the "drive it like you stole it" break-in method, and I've seen how the dealers cane...