GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mkvsao

1. mkvsao

BSH Silicone Throttle body pipe pops off

Hey guys I have a stage 2 + MKV GTI with the BSH throttle body pipe installed. It was working flawlessly for about 2 years, now the silicone pipe that connects to the pipe continues to pop off under boost. I've tried cleaning it, putting different clamps on it, in the end it always comes off...
  2. mkvsao

Boost leak BSH pipe

Currently I'm stage 2+ with snow performance w/m injection in the bung of the BSH throttle bottle pipe. Right now I have the w/m turned off because I am having some issues. My boost gauge stays at 14 psi on WOT, then slowly looses some boost down to about 11 psi. I used to be at about 20-22 psi...
  3. mkvsao

Help! Sunroof stuck

So my sunroof started acting funny a few weeks ago. I have an mkv gti. It would move by itself without me rotating the switch. so I tried to close it and messed with the switch a few times.. I heard a horrible crunching sound and the sunroof got stuck in the lower corner so its tilted in...
  4. mkvsao

FS: FSI Apr Carbonio CAI

Used for about 6 months, will include the engine cover if needed. Asking $150 + shipping.
  5. mkvsao

New South Boost Gauge Needle Not Moving

It's been a few months since I've had my boost gauge installed. I just noticed this morning that the boost gauge needle doesn't move at all, it usually does a full rotation whenever I start the car. Even when I drive it doesn't move, just stays a little bit under zero. I checked the tap to see...
  6. mkvsao

FS APR Carbonio CAI FSI

Got a used 6 month old APR cold air intake for sale. Selling because I recently upgraded to a twintake by forge. Asking for $200 shipped. The filter element is a little worn, with a small tear but I haven't seen any reduction in performance. It is cleaned up and ready to go, will post pictures...
  7. mkvsao

Mkv Snow water/meth kit question

So just today I had my stage 2 snow water/meth kit installed on my mkv gti by a euro tuning shop. The pump itself isn't supposed to be on if the car is off right? Or is there some setting on the maf controller that is turning the pump on? I took a look at the wiring diagram, the pump needs to...
  8. mkvsao

07 gti oil leak

Hey guys I installed a bsh throttle body pipe and s3 intercooler today and noticed while under the car some oil leaking from the turbo. There was also some oil in the intercooler and the hoses when i oulled this off. What cold be the cause of the leak?
  9. mkvsao

EPC light and Power steering light.

On occasion when I try to start my car it wont turn over. On the 3rd try it will start right up, then the epc light and power steering light stay on. After I drive for awhile they go away. Any thoughts?
  10. mkvsao

Headliner drop

Hey guys, I have a 2007 mkv gti. My headliner split on both sides of the sunroof controls. Also around the rear seat dome lights it fell down like 2 inches... The car isn't that old I use a sunshade.. It shouldn't be dropping like this so soon should it? Is it a common problem? I was stationed...
  11. mkvsao

APR stage 2+ poor gas mileage

Ok so I recently got apr stage 2 + and I noticed my city mpg is around 16-18 mpg. I thought ok maybe its just because I'm driving faster. So I drove normally and it is still the same readings. Checked the tire pressure its all good, no CEL, 93 octane gas. Even before I chipped I could only get...
  12. mkvsao

Eurosport catback install question

So yesterday I installed the eurosport catback onto my ATP downpipe. It utilizes only 2 grommets in the rear, and one in the center by the downpipe. My question is that it seems like the rear section of the exhaust is hanging pretty low to the ground.. You can see it while standing. I used the...
  13. mkvsao

FS OEM MKV GTI HPFP

I have changed out my stock HPFP for an APR one. It has 59k miles on it. It is in excellent condition I'll let it go for $175 OBO + shipping. Pm with offers.
  14. mkvsao

Car stereo theft

So recently some ***s decided to break my GTI's driver side window and rip out my in dash touch screen stereo. Insurance covered it, but the new one I had in stalled doesn't have a pop off face plate. I ended up buying a fake stereo face plate off ebay, hopefully that deters some low life scum...
  15. mkvsao

officially stage 2 +

Just installed a APR HPFP, ECS dogbone mount, and some new NGK sparkplugs! Now eagerly awaiting my stage 2+ flash on Monday. :) I feel like my car pulls harder even though I only have the stage 2 tune. Will I really feel a difference when I actually get flashed? When I pulled out my cam follower...