GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mickyg1969

1. M

HID's for GTi fogs

Has anyone installed HID's into their stock GTi fog lights? If so, l would like your thoughts.. As you all know the standard ones are useless, and my thought is l want the most out of these when l am in the country driving on dark roads. I dont even use them in the city as there is no point...
  2. M

HB4 9006 or H11

Guys just wondering whether anyone knows if a golf mkv GTi build date July 05 had the HB4 or H11 fog lights. I cant determine which ones they are just atm. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
  3. M

MK5 Golf GTI headlights

Hi guys, just giving you a heads up of a listing on ebay l have for some original MK5 golf GTI headlights in perfect condition. If you are not from Melbourne, then please provide suburb and postcode for shipping quote. Refer below link Cheers MickyG...
  4. M

MTEC 12v 100w draw, 150w output

Hi, Just bought some after market projector style led rdl lights for my mkv. The lights they put in initially were not putting out enough light so the guy has sent me the above replacement as an option. My questions are 1. Will increasing the current draw from standard 55w to 100w damage my...
  5. M

what work is required when replacing an outer cv boot

As the topic reads, l would like to know what work is required to replace a torn cv boot. The reason being is l am eliminating the causes of my persistent steering wheel vibration and after playing around with tyres, l am now poitning towards a recent trip to my mechanic where they replaced a...
  6. M

235x18x40 on an 8inch rim causing vibration

Ok guys, decided to start a new thread as l am experiencing an issue still with my tryes on an 8 inch rim. So far l have had these tyres balanced 4 times by numerous techniques, i.e thrust balance, on car balance, having tyres taken of and re seated etc to no avail. Managed to get 2 out of the...
  7. M

anyone recomend a good wheel balancer in Melbourne metro area North or city.

Ok, sounds stupid, but you would think a tyre place would get it right after 2 attempts. Im starting to think l have bigger issues than the new rubber l put on, but l doubt it. A bit of history... previously had 225 x 40 18, now have 235 x 40 18. I am feeling every vibration through the new...
  8. M

235 x 18 x 40 ET45

Guys, just changed my rubber to 235 from previous 225 on a mkv golf gti. The car is not lowered but l am now experiencing what l believe to be rubbing. Is it possible the inner tyre is hitting the strut housing at the top or could it simply be that l may need to do the fender lip bolt mod?? I...